Bluetooth Transmitter For Ipod To Stereo?

Does anyone know if this type of bluetooth transmitter will broadcast into the car stereo of Rx400h so I can wirelessly listen to iPod? Thanks.

Rumor is FM transmitters have tons of static...

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/217/.../productID/1623

No, that transmitter won't work. The bluetooth connection is only setup for phone calls.

Stay away from FM transmitters. The audio quality is really, really awful.

These guys make an iPod input device that allows you to control your iPod from your touch screen. The SLi series for audio only is about $250.

http://www.vaistech.com

I haven't used it myself, but if sound quality is important to you I suspect this might be your best bet. You might find some reviews on these boards.

I heard Lexus has a similar device for about $600.

Personally, I went with this high-tech solution:

DOTHXXXCAAD2_acc_L.jpg

The audio is a bit flat, but it gets the job done for about $7.

I haven't owned a cassette tape since the mid 80's, but luckily my 2008 luxury automobile still has a deck. Maybe Lexus is waiting for a comeback? :lol:

I have the same thing!!! i found the Cassette Adapter in the basement and it works beautifully. I have a Samsung I760 cell phone and listen to books from Audible.com. I have all my music on the phone but when I travel I like listening to books.

You would think lexus would have a simple Female Stereo Jack on the dash that you could just plug the stereo out from your phone/mp3/ipod or whatever into.

Ever since I bought my 400h I've longed for an iPod adaptor that works clearly and effortlessly. Not being one to work on the car myself I had the Lexus one installed. It works great! I'm assuming you have an older model as the newer ones come with a connection I believe.

Ever since I bought my 400h I've longed for an iPod adaptor that works clearly and effortlessly. Not being one to work on the car myself I had the Lexus one installed. It works great! I'm assuming you have an older model as the newer ones come with a connection I believe.

Nice. Do you control your iPod/iPhone with the touch screen or the LCD tuner below it? How much does it cost?

• 1 month later...

How's the sound quality on that wired cassette adapter? I think that bluetooth cuts the bitrate a bit, based on signal quality, so it's got a built in handicap. The sound on the cassette might actually sound better though. My only issue here is that I can't plug a power cord and a headphone into my G1 at the same time (lame!). But I'd call that a pretty minor issue, just have to make sure the phone is charged before I go on a road trip.

I usually just control it from my steering wheel. I'm sure you can control it from the radio buttons. I believe it was $349 including installation at the dealer. Sound quality is excellent by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
I usually just control it from my steering wheel. I'm sure you can control it from the radio buttons. I believe it was $349 including installation at the dealer. Sound quality is excellent by the way.

Did it take the place of your CD changer when they installed the ipod controller? You don't happen to have the part number? My Lexus dealer is not up with the latest electronics. Thanks.