Replacement Tires

jack g

Time for new tires on my 97 LX 450. Have Michilen LTX P -275 70R 16 currently. Mainly on road driving, would like something "meaty-er" on this "meaty" truck. Any suggestions on brand and size?

I run a Bridgestone Revo in 285x75x16 with all stock suspension. Great tire. Not cheap but really well worth it for snow, offroad and highway use. Rides a little firmer but still like them.

• 2 weeks later...

I just replaced mine with Yokohama's 275/70R-16 114S RBL. Runs like a charm. Work great on slow crawl rock climbing. don't even have to push on the gas. . . it just crawls right on up.

I narrowed my choices down to the Revos and Nitto Terra Grapplers. I went with the Nittos beacuse the based on the reviews were great, ratings on tire rack were as good as Revos, and the price was a bit cheaper. They have a pretty meaty profile to them.. look good, they are noisier than my previous highway radial. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the previous no-noise radials, 10 being the droan of a meaty mud tire, I'd put these at about a 4 or 5. Definitely noticeable, has gotten less with age (about a year old).

I narrowed my choices down to the Revos and Nitto Terra Grapplers. I went with the Nittos beacuse the based on the reviews were great, ratings on tire rack were as good as Revos, and the price was a bit cheaper. They have a pretty meaty profile to them.. look good, they are noisier than my previous highway radial. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the previous no-noise radials, 10 being the droan of a meaty mud tire, I'd put these at about a 4 or 5. Definitely noticeable, has gotten less with age (about a year old).

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks. What size are your Nittos?

265/75-R16. They are slightly narrower, but about an inch taller than the stock tire I had on, so I got a little bit of lift to boot.

come on Rookie...it's time you jumped up to the 285s :P

• 1 month later...
come on Rookie...it's time you jumped up to the 285s :P

Next round maybe. Baby steps... She's still my DD. :D

Funny thing is, I got them from Discount Tire and they originally sent the wrong size... 295's. I didn't even notice until the tire installer came out and said "you sure these tires will fit :o "? With my no lift, they packed the wheel well. I had to send the back :( .