2010 Rx 350 Oil/filter Diy Maintenance

I want to do oil and filter changes myself on my 2010 RX 350. Any info on wrench type/size, panel removal, things to be aware of, etc, would be appreciated. Also, any suggestions for OEM filter sources. I've done more oil changes than I care to remember, but this is my first Lexus, and I'd prefer any guidance you have to offer. Thank you kindly

You'll probably need to get a special filter removal tool. It's a little cup that attaches to your socket wrench. I just don't know the size for 2010 but our 2008 uses a 65/67mm that I bought at Walmart for around $3.50 while Lexus sell it for like 40. You can check out my car's DIY oil change I made. It is essentially the same as the RX we have.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=51010

91d75bbcddb132065f4c1422083b7b6a_refined.jpg

I bought one the 65/67 from walmart but it kept slipping so I got a 65mm from pepboys and it works like a charm. I buy the filters from Toyota for $4.95 (they end in product code number YZZA1). This was confirmed by the Lexus dealership. I change oil on Hondas and Inifinitis at our house and this car is the easiest and cleaniest of the all. I've been running Pennzoil Conventional for 5W-20 6K miles and Pennzoil Platinum for 12K miles. The UOA (Used Oil Analysis) said I could have ran the synthetic to 14K miles but I'll stick to 12K to be safe. I put in 7 quarts of oil every time. However, if you're a stickler about warranty, change it at every 5K as per manual with conventional, using synthetics at 5K on a 6.7 quart sump is pretty wasteful. My 08 has 51K miles on it now and the only thing I've done is oil changes, air filters and one brake flush at 30K. Hope this helps.

The dealer stated to wait until 90K for the auto trans fluid and coolant. However, does anyone know the DIY for the coolant drain and fill. It's such cheap insurance (even with toyota fluid prices) to do a drain and fill and I don't feel comfortable leaving coolant in for 90K.

You'll probably need to get a special filter removal tool. It's a little cup that attaches to your socket wrench. I just don't know the size for 2010 but our 2008 uses a 65/67mm that I bought at Walmart for around $3.50 while Lexus sell it for like 40. You can check out my car's DIY oil change I made. It is essentially the same as the RX we have.

Great instructions and pix! One question: Does the filter panel have a hinge that allows the "door" to drop down out of the way or???/ Thanks much. wh2

Great instructions and pix! One question: Does the filter panel have a hinge that allows the "door" to drop down out of the way or???/ Thanks much. wh2

remove the two bolts and the panel comes out...align the two "teeth" when putting it back it. nothing to worry about