2005 Ls 430 Question For Everyone

Hey guys, I have a 2005 LS 430 and am looking to sale it. Now my question is, what do you REALISTICALLY think I can get for it. It has 82,000 miles! I know, but it still runs great. It is NOT a Levenson, so it doesn't have the Navigation, rear cam, or the upgrade stereo. It does have all the standard equipment; leather, power, cd, and also a sunroof. I checked the NADA, and it says the "clean trade" is $19,875. From that, would $20,000 be a pretty fair asking price? Do you think I could REALLY sale it for that? Thanks for the help guys.

Why sell it? You're just reaching the phase where the reliability of Lexus is going to reward you with low ownership cost. A 2005 is still a very current car, hardly dated looking. There are people on this web site that have run these cars 200-300K+ miles!

Having recently purchased a used LS430, there are a few factors that should influence your asking price:

1. Who did the maintenance? If you have Lexus records showing Lexus recommended service every 5,000 miles you can ask a bit more. The fewer records, the lower the asking price should be IMO.

2. How many owners? If you are the only one, you can get more.

3. Where was the car driven? If up north with snow then worth a little less vs a car from Texas or other desert-like location.

4. What kind of condition is it in? I saw several with 90K miles that were close to showroom condition inside and out. I also looked at some with 40K miles that were dinged and scratched pretty bad and needed $2k of body work.

5. Did you smoke in it?

6. Do the tires need to be replaced?

7. Assume the timing belt/water pump needs to be replaced soon? Buyer will be paying $2K for that.

8. What color? I wouldn't buy the green one.

9. Were the brakes recently replaced/rotors turned? A $350 bill if soon needed.

10. Do you have all the keys, OEM manuals and window sticker? If yes to all, it's worth a hundred or so more.

11. Got chrome . . .wheels? Add a bit more.

Just my opinions based on trying to be fair, I'm sure there are a lot of other ideas.

Yeah I wouldn't sell it.

81k miles is nothing on a Lexus, and its not even really high miles for an 05, thats 20k a year which isn't terrible.

I'd drive that car until 2015 at least...

But if you are selling it. $20k or so.