Another Airbag Question

cappakazi

Hi again, i bought the car and it had the suspension airbags removed, but still has all the electricals in it and the im not sure if it has the compressors still in it. I was thinking of removing everything, i have bought a repair manual from the uk and it doesnt have the total airbag removal and ive searched everywhere it seems and no one has done a guide of the how to, which i will do if it hasn been done.

Any suggestions?

thanks

From what I understand, there is no air compressor for the air bags (safety ones), they are fired by a small explosion that inflates the bag in a millisecond. Do you mean the airbags for an air suspension equiped lexus?

yeah sorry, the suspension airbags sorry i didnt clarify that earlier on.

Does anyone know where they are located?

Ive done a bit of research and was told that there on there own circuit and removing the wiring and the lot wont effect any sensors or ecu.

I just cant find where the comressors are though

You might find this useful. You can subscribe for a day, month or year. On it you get access to all the service bulletins, training manuals and service manuals. Some very helpful info.

I just signed up for a day and spent a few hours (1,900 files and 390MB of data) downloading the entire service manual for my car. It took a while but now I have a service/repair manual specific to my car and not just a generic one like Chiltons.

The manuals have very good diagrams. They show where everything is located and the procedures to maintain, repair, and replace components and all the test procedures.

Here’s the link:

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/...el=ti_home_page