Nice Junkyard Scores Today!

ED.

I was jealous.

Last Thursday I came across a 01 430 being parted and posted here about the seats possibly working in a 1996. When I checked again after work (craigslist) the seller (the junkyard) had a beige/tan 1997 and I was all over it so this I went down there with my dad to get the Nak radio and to look at the drivers seat. It was in great shape but I pretended it wasn't and got it down to $200. Went inside to pay for the radio and my dad said '$200 for one or both?' and the guy said 'Both, then. Hard to sell the other one.' Passengers seat in car now is very dry on the outside portions of it but nothing big.

Then as he was writing up the ticket he asked if we wanted the rears and I said 'how much' and he just said 'the $200' so we took it. Going to get all of it tomorrow morning and I plan on doing an install this weekend.

The Nak radio he paid $125 for but the guy kept saying the amps on these cars can go out and they are $$$. I've not heard much about that and ironically I just put a new Lowe amp in my BMW because the Phillips one died. (Lowe is a better amp.) Anyway, the radio in the car now works but sticks on one station or won't work at all untill you've hit P. Scan enough times so I am hoping it is just the Nak head unit. Guess we'll see soon.

Not a bad deal though! A lot of the BMW guys on my BMW board are out in California and they go to yards out there all the time getting parts. Here in Saint Louis it is hard to find the stuff locally but that was a nice score on the Lexus. I would loveeee to pay $200 for four new seats in my BMW!

Have you tried www.car-part.com?

I have a general question on those seats. They have the airbags in them but I don't think the ones in the 1996 has bags in them. Will that trip any lights?

Have you tried www.car-part.com?

I have a general question on those seats. They have the airbags in them but I don't think the ones in the 1996 has bags in them. Will that trip any lights?

It should not.

Omar:

Seriously, try www.car-part.com. I just did a search for 2004-2005 Lexus LS430 seats near Athens GA (30601) and found many within 1-3 hours of you.

Hmmmm....interesting idea here...

You guys are GENIOUS!

Never knew about car-part and just tried it. Found seats and everything for my 94 right near me. And I live in Ontario; I could never find anything.

Damn I love this club!