I Bought Michelin Primacy Mxv4 98v From My Lexus Dealer

Hi Guys!! :)

I hope you're OK.

Last week I had new Michelin Primacy MXV4 98V tires put on my '93 LS400. They replaced the Bridgestone Turanza LS-V tires that were on the car for about 85,000 trouble free kilometres. The new Michelin's are very nice tires. They suit the car perfectly. [A little better - perhaps - than even the Bridgestones] They do make a 'sticky tape' sound though. But I hope that goes away after awhile. And they are smooth riding - smoother than the Bridgestones. But in all fairness - those Bridgestones were pretty worn out. The interesting thing is - I bought the Michelins from my Lexus dealer. At $187 each - they were $10 cheaper at the Lexus dealer than at COSTCO. That surprised me - to say the least.

Craig!! :)

Hi Guys!! :)

I hope you're OK.

Last week I had new Michelin Primacy MXV4 98V tires put on my '93 LS400. They replaced the Bridgestone Turanza LS-V tires that were on the car for about 85,000 trouble free kilometres. The new Michelin's are very nice tires. They suit the car perfectly. [A little better - perhaps - than even the Bridgestones] They do make a 'sticky tape' sound though. But I hope that goes away after awhile. And they are smooth riding - smoother than the Bridgestones. But in all fairness - those Bridgestones were pretty worn out. The interesting thing is - I bought the Michelins from my Lexus dealer. At $187 each - they were $10 cheaper at the Lexus dealer than at COSTCO. That surprised me - to say the least.

Does your dealer include mounting, balancing and repairs like Costco in thir price?

Hi SW03ES!! :)

It's good to see you too!!! And thanks for letting me know. It's a funny sound. But no doubt - once that 'sound' goes away - they will be VERY quiet tires indeed!!!

Hi pauljcl!! :)

In Canada at least - COSTCO charges $15 per tire to balance and install. It's their so-called 'Installation Package' price. The Lexus dealer also charged $15 per tire. Not sure about the repairs part of the deal though. Does COSTCO repair flats for free or something?! Either way - given the fact that the Lexus dealer is a LOT closer to home than COSTCO is - and given the fact that the purchase/balancing/mounting price was lower - I'm happy I got them at the dealer. Besides - even if one of my tires does get a nail puncture - and it cost $40 to repair [which I doubt would be quite that much] I'm still breaking even.