2010 Rx 350 Tpms Reset Button

Does anyone know where the tire pressure monitoring system reset button is located on my 2010 RX 350? The owner's manual shows a button on the lower dash to the right of the steering column, but my vehicle does not have it. I questioned my dealer and was told it automatically resets itself ( this after he unsuccessfully tried to locate it under the dash). While his explanation may be correct, I have a feeling he wanted to give an expeditious answer. The manual should be corrected if this new "automatic reset" feature is true.

Same here manual shows reset buttons which aren't there. My 2007 Rav4 has the same tmps with no buttons and does in fact reset and extinguish the warning light when all is well.

Should be easy enough to verify at your next fill up.

Same thing here. I just purchased my 2010 RX350 one week ago. The manual shows a TPMS reset button and how to operate it and resit it, but all that is there on the vehicle is a black plastic cover.

Thanks, AudioDave. Would you please ask your dealer to explain. My dealer is arrogant and non-responsive to my inquiry, even after approaching management in a kind, professional manner. I'd go to Lexus HQs, except my dealer would probably screw over me on any further dealings. Thanks again. Wh2

The switch really is there. It is not clear at all where it is located in the picture in the manual. Look to the right of the steering column about 12 to 14" back from the bottom edge of the dash. The button actually faces the floor. It is a small button about 1/4" in diameter. You will not "acidentally" find it. there is also a place for the ride height on/off button if you have that option.

The switch really is there. It is not clear at all where it is located in the picture in the manual. Look to the right of the steering column about 12 to 14" back from the bottom edge of the dash. The button actually faces the floor. It is a small button about 1/4" in diameter. You will not "acidentally" find it. there is also a place for the ride height on/off button if you have that option.

trcr1:

I just checked, and voila, it is right where you said it was! My dealer may not want to tell its location so that owners may have to bow to them and pay for resets. So much for "automatic" resetting; why else would they put in that button/circuitry? Thank you

AudioDave, I see you are in Odessa. My wife and I thought we had the only 2010 RX350 in Odessa, but I guess not. Where did you buy yours?

Hi, we purchased our RX350 at Aldersons in Lubbock. I think they told us they had sold 9 of the 2010's so far. Picked ours up on May 2. It is the Starfire Pearl color.

Dave

We picked ours up May 1 from Park Place in Grapevine. Alderson would not come close to Park Place on the trade in value of our old RX. Ours is Starfire Pearl also. I was very disappointed in Alderson's deal they offered us. They initially told us that they could match anything any other dealer offered us. But, in the end, they would not come within $3,000.

Tommy

trcr1:

I just checked, and voila, it is right where you said it was! My dealer may not want to tell its location so that owners may have to bow to them and pay for resets. So much for "automatic" resetting; why else would they put in that button/circuitry? Thank you

The location is shown in the manual. It resets to whatever pressure you are using so that you can decide where you want it to 'alarm'.

• 1 year later...

You are my hero. I just received the car 48 hours ago. I have spent 47 lookking for the "switch". Even with your excellent directions, I had a hard time finding. Couldn't believe they would put a BLACK pencil eraser sized button 14 inches under the dash on a black background. Thanks again....LTL

You are my hero. I just received the car 48 hours ago. I have spent 47 lookking for the "switch". Even with your excellent directions, I had a hard time finding. Couldn't believe they would put a BLACK pencil eraser sized button 14 inches under the dash on a black background. Thanks again....LTL

They are trying to test whether the dealers know the car!

• 3 months later...

I had the service manager show me where the button was on my 2010 RX350. The manual does not accurately depict where it is. You have to go under the driver's side dash board and look up. It is just to the left of the light next to the accelerator pedal but a little more and on a black piece of plastic. To reset the tps, turn the engine off and then push the start button twice without your foot on the brake. The dash lights will come on and then puch the reset button under the dash until the tire warning light blinks three times and goes off. If it doesn't go off, the tire pressure is too low and you have to inflate the tires to 32 lbs and then do the steps again until the warning light goes off after three blinks.