Replacing Oxygen Sensors

i wanted to know if any one knows were i can get a good price on two oxygen sensors. i need to replace the two front ones that are before the converter, and is replacing the sensors something i can do our should i take it to a mechanic. i have a 2001 gs300 with 69,000 miles

i wanted to know if any one knows were i can get a good price on two oxygen sensors. i need to replace the two front ones that are before the converter, and is replacing the sensors something i can do our should i take it to a mechanic. i have a 2001 gs300 with 69,000 miles

The sensors can be easily replaced by yourself, I would only purchase OEM parts. Check online....Maybe sewell lexus or irontoad.

Welcome to the club :cheers:

The sensors can be easily replaced by yourself, I would only purchase OEM parts. Check online....Maybe sewell lexus or irontoad.

Auto Zone can read your codes. They have several sensors available when you read thier readout. I have just replaced two, so I should know. Lexus will charge much more. All you need is a wrench and a will. If you are working with Zone one on a GS 300 they are easily accesabily under the hood, right side. Will plug right in. Caution: they have several available, make sure you get the right one with the plug that matches or they will swap it for another. Try the cheapest first as OEM and work up to the more expensive one. The ones on the back bank are not so easy as they go through the floor and plug in up behind the dash. Good luck.

post-23754-1241908556_thumb.jpg

Auto Zone can read your codes. They have several sensors available when you read thier readout. I have just replaced two, so I should know. Lexus will charge much more. All you need is a wrench and a will. If you are working with Zone one on a GS 300 they are easily accesabily under the hood, right side. Will plug right in. Caution: they have several available, make sure you get the right one with the plug that matches or they will swap it for another. Try the cheapest first as OEM and work up to the more expensive one. The ones on the back bank are not so easy as they go through the floor and plug in up behind the dash. Good luck.

thanks for all the info :D