B Pillar Trim Painting/removal

http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/home_n.a...amp;s=&mid=

I was told by a body shop that those pieces are not easily removed. You can tape them off and paint them or buy pillar covers as I did. The link is above. I have not gotten them yet. I should have them by the end of next week. I can let you know at that time what I think.

Most of the pieces on these cars are base coated and clear coated. What you are seeing is the the clear coat deteriorating. Simply mask the surrounding glass, door and roof area off with masking tape and newspaper, sand the entire panel with 400 grit and then 600 grit wet/dry paper, wipe clean and spray with several light coats of clear. It'll cost you the price of the tape, the sand paper and a spray bomb of clearcoat automotive paint, and a half hour of your time. Been there, done that, and my results were terrific. And even if you screw it up, you can still go the other option already suggested ... and nobody will ever know. Good Luck!