How To Install Puddle Lights

ravig292

i have a 2000 ls400

i need to wire my puddle lights so they trun on when i unlock my car and when i open the door after i turn off my car.

how do i do that?

i think i need to do something with the fuse, but i am not exactly sure.

could anyone tell me how to wire it.

Figure out what turns on when you open the door...(foot well lights) and wire them up! ;)

It would be cool if you could get them to turn on independently too! B)

Don't forget pics!

Figure out what turns on when you open the door...(foot well lights) and wire them up! ;)

It would be cool if you could get them to turn on independently too! B)

Don't forget pics!

i could wire it to foot well lights but i want them to turn on when i unlock my car.

so basically i need to wire them like the dome lights that turn on when i unlock it.

I did this with my RV puller truck. I just tapped into the wire that goes to the dome light. It comes on when the remote is pressed and also turns on the puddle lights. They operate about like our Lexus on a timer. I like them for when my wife asks if I locked the truck, I just click the remote to "open" to turn on the lights, then off to lock. Works best at night so I can see that the lights are on or off.

Don't say that before people think they should add them to anything.

Puddle lights are Japanese styling product used for luxury cars with a VIP theme. So highly modified slammed huger wheeled cars use this instead od neons as it is a luxury style item to keep your shoes clean.

why do i have so little money....

I want to buy all of those for my ls.

AFTER you do wheels, suspension and get the stance right.

THEN, and ONLY then will you be worthy of running puddle lights without being laughed at constantly.

The picture sucks... Your car is stock... Why can you see the lights from that high of an angle?? They should be hidden underneath the car...

I REALLY HOPE you have wheels/susp. inline to be put on VERY soon...

Puddle lights don't really fit on a stock vehicle...

Please get more, decent pics also.

why do i have so little money....

I want to buy all of those for my ls.

AFTER you do wheels, suspension and get the stance right.

THEN, and ONLY then will you be worthy of running puddle lights without being laughed at constantly.

Yea after all that.....FML

The picture sucks... Your car is stock... Why can you see the lights from that high of an angle?? They should be hidden underneath the car...

I REALLY HOPE you have wheels/susp. inline to be put on VERY soon...

Puddle lights don't really fit on a stock vehicle...

Please get more, decent pics also.

im gonna hide them when i get my angle brackets the damn pack didn't come with any.

but my friend has brackets and said he'll give them to me.

then my puddle lights will be hidden.

i will get rims but first i want to get tints then i will get nice rims, this is a long process as i am a little short on money right now.

Hmm..

You should take detailed pics of how you installed the puddle lights. Make a DIY.

Might help a lot of people wanting this mod. And it's ok to do wheels/susp before tint ;) at LEAST susp since you have those puddle lights on a stock car.