Location Of Crank Position Sensor 1995 Ls400

Hi where is the Crank Position Sensor on my LS400?

Looks untouched??

somebody help....

It's been a while, but I remember it being right down by the flywheel on the front of the block on a bracket, pointing at the flywheel. Mine's a '95.

Why? seems like an odd question to ask without any background information....

What does "looks untouched" mean, or refer to?

Looks untouched??

somebody help....

It's been a while, but I remember it being right down by the flywheel on the front of the block on a bracket, pointing at the flywheel. Mine's a '95.

THE TROUBLE CODE IS "obd II code P0336"

crankshaft position sensor.... or wiring problem

I dont know and cant find out if the timing belt/wpump has been replaced... 170k miles.

to me, the front of the engine is where the water pump would be and the back would be next to the transmission.

I thought the flywheel connected to the torque converter... ? right or wrong??

Looks untouched??

somebody help....

THE TROUBLE CODE IS "obd II code P0336"

crankshaft position sensor.... or wiring problem

I dont know and cant find out if the timing belt/wpump has been replaced... 170k miles.

to me, the front of the engine is where the water pump would be and the back would be next to the transmission.

I thought the flywheel connected to the torque converter... ? right or wrong??

My apologies, it's been a long day, you are absolutely correct. I meant to say the pulley for the timing belt (on the crank, at the front of the engine). I have heard (no personal experience) that the electrical connector will sometimes come loose from the crank position sensor, which will certainly indicate a bad sensor. My '95 now has about 330K on it and I've never had any problems with the C/P/S.

• 10 years later...

Just for the next guy reading 10 years later: The crankshaft position sensor you can find on the underside of the engine, take of the splash shield, and you can see it. If you have had a coolant leak for a few months, the coolant will drip down to where it is, and mess with the connection or maybe even the sensor itself. Mine went kaputt after 25 years, after I did the waterpump and everything. The leak was there for 3 months before the waterpump went completely, so coolant messed it up.

Had to use a drill to get it out. 

Jack