Roll Up Windows From Remote

joedef

about 4 years ago I found a web site/ fourm for my rx that showed codes that could be set to enable your key remote to roll up the windows just like you can roll them down...without having to insert the key...I know have a gx but can not find the information or codes anymore...I think it was just like the lps setting but lexus doesnt publish it...Does anyone know these or have any information....thanks in advance

Not quite familiar with this option but please do let us know if you find out more info about it. Did you mention that you know how to do it for a GX remote? I wouldn't mind learning how to do it for my GX hehe :D

If you have auto up on all 4 windows so it has pinch protection it has the feature.

I don't think the 300 ever had that option.

Hold the key in the unlock or lock postion on the key cyclinder, if it does open or close for there then holding the unlock key will open them as well until you let go .

Ya that's right, but he mentioned something about being able to program the key to ROLL IT UP with the remote and not have to insert the key in the driver's door to roll it up from the outside. :rolleyes: :P

Don't the SUV keys have a seperate panic and lock button?

Not on my RX350.

I don't know about the roll-down feature, but the roll-up feature is not available from the remote. Maybe from the lock, by keeping the key in the 'lock' position, like in the old RX300?

If the button is a shared lock/panic button I don't see any way for it to be done...

Yeah guys I dont know that the programing is done at the key I think your right it is done in the car but there was an option to roll up...obviously they way everything works right now is if you want to roll it all down you hold down the unlock button and after a slight delay all windows will roll down and sunroof as default you can have lexus change it to sunroof only. now if you hold the lock button down nothing will roll up ....you have to insert the key and turn to lock and hold to roll up.. this sucks ...what we all want to do is to be able to roll up from a distance if you look outside and it going to rain and your windows are down or you walked away and forgot the sunroof. Obviously the car can roll up and down automatically because you can do both with the key inserted...only one feature down works with the remote...there was a way to enable the up feature to work away from the car by remote ...granted this was on a 99 rx but I cant find the info anymore.......

I think you're wrong. The key on the 99 was the same key, I don't think theres a button for them to reprogram to make the windows roll up. If you hold the lock button down the panic alarm goes off...

I don't see the purpose anyways. I never park the car with the windows down...

Yes the panic and lock buttons are different because we don't need an option for an auto rear door opener like the RX330-350s. The benefit of closing the windows with the remote would be in case you accidentally open the windows with the remote you dont have to go inside and insert the key to shut the windows. ;)