Front Passenger Door Lock

rich1974

Hi all front passenger side door lock, it wont unlock or lock with keyless press but will lock or unlock if key used in the door, got a quote from a auto electrician, very expensive, I have taken the door trim off ect, dont want to go to much further without some advice

Anyone else had this prob, mine is a Nov-2003, 80,000 kms

Cheers

Richard, from Oz

Welcome to the LOC, Rich :cheers: I think you may have a bad door lock actuator. The part is kind of expensive. I had one replaced on a GS300 of mine and the part was $300+ USD that I bought on ebay. If I remember correctly, I read on here that someone repaired a door lock actuator as opposed to replacing it. Good luck

Yeah good luck. Mine is acting up on my drivers side. Dealer quoted front door lock actuator at over $500.00 for the part alone. I have been searching ebay and such sites for possibly getting it cheaper with the part number (629040 - 60081), but with no luck so far. And the ones I do find they want about the same amount. Plus the shipping I might as well get it from Lexus.

Here is the site for a DIY fix for very cheap. Somewhere around 6 dollars. If you are a DIY kinda person!! Let us know how it goes.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruiser...eplacement.html

This is off the RX300 forum, but would probably apply to your problem...I have done this and repaired mine for $5. takes some figuring, but the pictures in this post show some different solutions.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=41219&hl=

Hey just a thought for a quick fix, would it be feasible to swap the front one for the back one, as we don't us the back doors much, would it be the same actuator set up

Cheers Richard L

• 5 weeks later...
Hey just a thought for a quick fix, would it be feasible to swap the front one for the back one, as we don't us the back doors much, would it be the same actuator set up

Cheers Richard L

The actuator might be different, but the motor inside could be the same.

If you are a DIY man, probably you can do it; but in this case, why not find the motor and replace the motor rather than swap with the back door.

For some idea check this link. It has a very detail explanation of how to do it. This apply to GS LS and RX, I don't know if this will apply to LX too. I did it on my RX.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...uators-diy.html

Good luck!