Steering Wheel Vibration When Braking

Hello All,

I have a 98 GS 300 whos steering wheel starts vibrating when I brake when going above 50mph. I replaced the lower ball joints for correcting the vibration when driving above 60mph. I also had the wheels balanced the car aligned front and back. I was thinking of trying the tie rods next. I want to give this car to my daughter, dont want her to freak out when braking. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello All,

I have a 98 GS 300 whos steering wheel starts vibrating when I brake when going above 50mph. I replaced the lower ball joints for correcting the vibration when driving above 60mph. I also had the wheels balanced the car aligned front and back. I was thinking of trying the tie rods next. I want to give this car to my daughter, dont want her to freak out when braking. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Check the Power steering fluid it may be low or you might have a leak in the P/S pressure hose

Hello All,

Thanks

Check the Power steering fluid it may be low or you might have a leak in the P/S pressure hose

Hello All,

Thanks

Your rotors are warped and need to be replaced

Hello All,

Thanks

Your rotors are warped and need to be replaced

Forgot to mention that I replaced the brake pads and installed new rotors. Looking at the old pads they seemed to wear faily even. For my understanding, if the rotors are warped would I get a pulsating brake pedal when applying the brakes?

Thanks for help

I would have the brakes looked at properly .

You want to make sure the pistons are not seized and the sliders are clean and lubes properly.

Something on your brakes is uneven.

SK

What other signs would I see if the pistons are seized? Relaced pads and rotors and did not see any uneven wear.

Thanks

look over these....but if its when you brake, you seem to have a brake problem as the ones im posting should be constant or at certain speeds constant

good luck

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...ines-fixed.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...adjustment.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension...ck-bushing.html