Roof Top Carrier Cross Bars

The cross bars on the roof top carrier on my 08 RX are giving me trouble. The mechanism that releases the lock or catch that holds them in place so you can adjust the position doesn't seem to move as easily as when I first got it. I fear breaking it if I force it. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an easy fix? Sometimes I can not get them to move at all.

At least you have cross bars. I just noticed that my three day old 2010 has rails but no cross bars. Now I have to purchase this accessory from the dealer I reckon. Hmmm....

I believe the crossbars should have come with the rails at delivery, otherwise what good is the rack?

I would take your car back to the dealer and have them installed, at no charge of course..

At least you have cross bars. I just noticed that my three day old 2010 has rails but no cross bars. Now I have to purchase this accessory from the dealer I reckon. Hmmm....

I believe the crossbars should have come with the rails at delivery, otherwise what good is the rack?

I agree why put the rails on if your not going to throw in the cross bars. The Highlander has always come with and without rails, rails always come with cross bars but not on the 2010 RX350--now cross bars are a $259 option.

Roof rack CrossBars [28] $259 [29] $259 [29] http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/features/pricing.html

I agree why put the rails on if your not going to throw in the cross bars. The Highlander has always come with and without rails, rails always come with cross bars but not on the 2010 RX350--now cross bars are a $259 option.

Roof rack CrossBars [28] $259 [29] $259 [29] http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/features/pricing.html

The 2010 does not come with the cross bars, as a matter of fact when I bought my 2005 I had the dealer remove them before I drove out of the lot.

As far as the stuck mechanism on the cross bar being stuck, being it's under warranty, I'd let the dealer free it up. You sure don't want to break anything.!

Wow, I didn't realize that the newer models are not equipped with these as standard. My 2008 RX 350 was delivered with the rails and cross bars..

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I didn't realize that the newer models are not equipped with these as standard. My 2008 RX 350 was delivered with the rails and cross bars..

Does anyone know how to remove the cross rails on a 2010 rx350? I bought them as an option but I do not need to use them year round. The dealer installed them but I would like to remove them.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

The cross bars on the roof top carrier on my 08 RX are giving me trouble. The mechanism that releases the lock or catch that holds them in place so you can adjust the position doesn't seem to move as easily as when I first got it. I fear breaking it if I force it. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an easy fix? Sometimes I can not get them to move at all.

Did you ever find a fix for the problem with your cross bar releases? I just got a 2008 rx 350 and I have the same problem. Thanks in advance!

I had the same problem getting the latches of the cross bars to release. I took it to the dealership and

explained that I didn't want to force it without them seeing the problem. They checked it out and said they

too were having a problem getting them to release. They replaced both cross bars at no cost (2007 RX350).

Does anyone know how to remove the cross rails on a 2010 rx350? I bought them as an option but I do not need to use them year round. The dealer installed them but I would like to remove them.

Thanks.

Removing the cross bars has been dealt with in detail on this forum. Do a search and you should find it.

• 3 weeks later...