5 Spd Conversion

Calvin L

im sure, somewhere, there is a write up of a auto - 5spd conversion. does anybody know where there might be a list of parts needed and stuff like that for a 5spd conversion. because it is just so hard to find an sc300 in my price range, with a 5spd. so any help would be nice.

I don't think enouhg people (if any) have done the conversion for a writeup to exist.

It's just too damn difficult, expensive, and impractical.

Just keep looking.....you'll find a decently priced 5spd eventually.

BTW....if a 5spd in not in your price range, conversion to 5spd is definitely not in your price range.

well getting a 5spd equipped sc300 is just not an option for me. lets not get into that. im just saying, eventually i could save up money for a conversion. you know?

If I was you, I'd wait until the engine goes bad and then do a 2jzgte 6 speed conversion. Although it does cost abit, but well worth it. And also has far greater potential for power if you ever need it.

did it on a JZA70, which is basically the same car. We put a 1JZ in this car and did the trans swap at the same time. Not sure on price, since we bought the whole clip so everything came with it. but the clip was $2500

Calvin, I think you should look out for a wrecked SC3 w/ 5speed. You can buy the entire transmission setup, and ECU for about $1000-2500. That's what you'll have to work on, and that will take a long time. It's probably a good idea to be friends with a few Junk Yard owners/employees.

Ecocar.com sells salvaged cars. You could add your name on the parts wanted list, and see if they can provide you with what you want. there are other sites.