Sc300 Full System Install With Pics

Recently purchased a 99 SC300 and wasted no time getting started with a stereo install. Thanks to RSTSpeed for his disassembly walkthrough as I probably would have broken a bunch of panels trying to muscle them off. I didn't take pictures during the beginning of the install, so sorry for that.

Did a run of 4awg power wire across the engine bay and through the passengers side firewall. Also ran six channel monster RCA's under the center console.

I started up front with a Pioneer AVIC F700BT. This was pretty straight forward and the Metra dash kit fit fine with a slight gap near the ashtray. I used a voltmeter to find my constant and accessory and tapped into those. As for the power antenna, I poked around with 12v source and found the correct wire to make that work. It was the plug with very small connectors and only three wires. I did not have to splice two wires together to make it work either. I also installed a HD Radio unit behind the glovebox. I got a RCA y-cable and gm mini adapter to utilize both antenna plugs that the car has.

20090424dsc2655.jpg

Here are some pics of the rear deck with just the 6 1/2" speakers. Used the stock adapter as a pattern for these and bolted to the rear deck with existing holes. Used JL Audio XR650-CXi Coaxials for back here.

20090424dsc2659.jpg

20090424dsc2658.jpg

Front door with some minor sound deadening. I didn't go crazy with this stuff as I am only pushing 75w per channel to the doors. I ran two pair of 16awg Monster twisted pair through the boot and along each side of the car and through the grommets on each side of the rear seat. I bought some adapters for 6 1/2's on eBay which turned out to be too deep for the door panel to fit back on. I had a setback due to some used/blown door speakers and haven't gotten any farther than this for now. New JL Audio XR650-CSi 2-Way Components will be here in a couple days.

20090424dsc2656.jpg

I will post some more pics of the engine bay, completed sub enclosure, and amp rack later on today.