Resetting The Sunroof After Battery Replacement

bainzey

Hi,

I replaced my battery over the weekend and, now my sunroof, has gone wonky. I've read in other posts that talk about having to reset the windows and sunroof if you ever disconnect/reconnect the battery, my windows are fine, and running them down and up and holding the button while doing this... I tried a similar approach on the sunroof, no success.

Can someone please post the steps, or scan the page of the owner’s manual that shows how to do this.

Thanks in advance...

:cheers:

Hi,

I replaced my battery over the weekend and, now my sunroof, has gone wonky. I've read in other posts that talk about having to reset the windows and sunroof if you ever disconnect/reconnect the battery, my windows are fine, and running them down and up and holding the button while doing this... I tried a similar approach on the sunroof, no success.

Can someone please post the steps, or scan the page of the owner’s manual that shows how to do this.

Thanks in advance...

Come on.... Somebody knows this...

Hi,

Thanks in advance...

I don't know... but why don't you go to Lexus Owners, register, and consult your manual? Furthermore, on request, they will send you a new manual at no cost.

Here is the address:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...icle-summary.do

Good luck.

I don't know if this is similar or not but my '03 ES was in the shop recently and they disconnected the battery and my moon roof was a bit wonky as well. What I had to do was hold the slide open button down as it opened all the way back, then hold the button and let it close all the way, and do the same with the tilt open/close. After that mine worked just fine, I hope it works for you as well.

Hi,

Thanks in advance...

I don't know... but why don't you go to Lexus Owners, register, and consult your manual? Furthermore, on request, they will send you a new manual at no cost.

Here is the address:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...icle-summary.do

Good luck.

I didn't know that they would send one for free... I have mine somewhere, I had taken into my house to read about something, and now i am in the middle of a move... I'm sure it will resurface, but thanks for the info...

I don't know if this is similar or not but my '03 ES was in the shop recently and they disconnected the battery and my moon roof was a bit wonky as well. What I had to do was hold the slide open button down as it opened all the way back, then hold the button and let it close all the way, and do the same with the tilt open/close. After that mine worked just fine, I hope it works for you as well.

I tried that (or atleast something similar) I'll try that again in that order... thanks

Well for this model it is slightly different than the ES...

I figured I would share if any one in the future needs it:

Press and hold the back side of the "Tilt" button of the moon roof, this will force the moon roof to cycle through all the motions, and reset everything. Let go once the moon roof has, opened, closed, titlted open, and finally closed.

:rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

• 8 years later...

Here's the easy way. First, with power on, hold the slide switch to open and HOLD it until the following happens: Glass will slide open, it will slide closed, it will tilt up and it will tilt back down. Now it will start to open again. NOW release the slide switch. It should continue to the open position and automatically stop. Slide switch to close and release as with usual use, and it will continue to close and shut off at the proper time. All done!