How Do I Check Engine Fault Codes On 92?

Ronstang66

I repaired my starter and after putting the car back together it now has a miss at idle and it is showing a constant check engine light. The code scanner at O'Reilly's does not plug into the port under the dash so I do not know how to check the codes on this car. I am sure there is a way to make the car tell you by flashing the check engine light but I cannot find that information. I am hoping you guys can help me out here.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

The Lexus has a really ghetto way of checking light codes seeing as it's such a luxury car.

Basically all you need is a piece of wire, paper and pen, and a buddy.

Check this site to get a step-by-step on how to do it.

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html

(the guy that made that site is a god)

I repaired my starter and after putting the car back together it now has a miss at idle and it is showing a constant check engine light. The code scanner at O'Reilly's does not plug into the port under the dash so I do not know how to check the codes on this car. I am sure there is a way to make the car tell you by flashing the check engine light but I cannot find that information. I am hoping you guys can help me out here.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

My (UK) car has a different shaped diagnostic port mounted on the engine, as well as the dash one, maybe the scanner would fit that?