Catalytic Converter

chubyball

I am having problem with the car from accelerating. I does not seem have power and catalytic convert is so hot light charcoal I know this catalytic over heat that's why it cause the car not to accelerate. I just replaced new set of sparkplug wires, can this be a problem if wires are cross in wrong slot? HELP HELP!!!

Does anyone in here has ever replaced their catalytic converter yet? If do, is it aftermaket one or dealer one? I planed to purchase aftermarket part but not sure yet. I purchased the dealer one 4 months ago but now it seems useless. Both catalytic converts Red Cherry after replacing a new parkplug #2 and #7 due to missfiring. Now seem like that missfiring buid up and clog up both of catalytic converters.

It's a big headache when your car is not working right.

A good lesson that not everything is a DIY for everyone. It seems clear that this problem is not something you will be fixing yourself. I recommend that you bite the bullet and take it to a mechanic before you blow up the car.

Joe

I am not driving the car so I am not worrying about damaging it. I am planing to buy news catalytic converter before Had Minieke installing them. Any suggestion for aftermarket one? Or I have to stick with dealer parts? Does anyone here have any problem with aftermarket catalytic converter? Please advice.

You can replace the cats until you are blue in the face. It's not like you will find a cat that runs "cooler" than the ones you have now. The reason the cat (s) are overheating is that far too much unburned hydrocarbon is reaching them. That means a serious misfire, which would have produced a code probably, or something else that is causing too much fuel flow, like an O2 sensor. Take Joe's advice and mine, and have the engine diagnosed properly. That's what needs to be done first.