Just Found Nice Feature

Here in Ohio it is finally starting to get warm! It was about 85-90 today and I have a smokey granite mica with black interior so it will gets kinda hot inside. But as I was walking to my car (which was left in the sun) I figured I would try to use a feature that my RX300 has where you hold down the Unlock button and all of the windows rolled down...and it worked! :D If you hold down the unlock button on your FOB all of the windows will roll down and the sunroof will open. Brilliant!

This has become a common features even on rather low end Japanese cars. We rented a entry level previous generation Honda Accord in summer 2007 and I was surprised that all the windows on it rolled down when I continuously pressed the unlock button on the remote.

I found out about that feature in my book. I like it too! But is there a way to close them all at the same time? I hate having to press all the buttons individually to close them.

Welcome to LOC Dot! :cheers: And I do not think that there is a way to roll all of them up at the same time but the "All AUTO" feature is better than having to hold em all down/up the whole time. Thats about it though.

• 2 weeks later...
Especially if you wanted to decapitate your dog or your kid.

Actually, rolling up the windows with the remote is available on Lexus cars in countries where the feature is not prohibited.

• 7 months later...

That cant happen. The window would stop and go down if it sensors any resistance going up.

You willing to try it? I put mine down to flip out a cig and hit the express up too soon and it like to smashed my arm. I couldn't get the down button quick enough. The feature may be there but they aren't 100%.

I think there is some sort of sensor. Just a few weeks ago I had a piece of ice/snow packed into the top of the window track by the driver side mirror. Just as the window was closing, it hit the resistance and rolled all the way back down. I cleared the ice and the problem was solved.

What I'm not sure is whether this is a feature to keep fingers/etc from getting dismembered, or if it is more of a protection feature for the equipment (for example: keeping the motor from burning out or window from shattering).

I just thought I'd share that experience. I will not be volunteering my fingers for further testing...

I have IS 250 2010, I try the trick to open all window and nothing hapen, nothing to mention in my owner manual for open all window with hold unluck.

It is because is Canadian model dont have these feature

Actually, rolling up the windows with the remote is available on Lexus cars in countries where the feature is not prohibited.

Yep, my mums LS has it (New Zealand model).

I'll take a video some time if I get a chance. It's been pretty bad weather here the last couple of days...BEAUTIFUL up untill now!

I have IS 250 2010, I try the trick to open all window and nothing hapen, nothing to mention in my owner manual for open all window with hold unluck.

It is because is Canadian model dont have these feature

I have a 2008 Canadian model and the feature works on mine.

• 1 month later...

That cant happen. The window would stop and go down if it sensors any resistance going up.

You willing to try it? I put mine down to flip out a cig and hit the express up too soon and it like to smashed my arm. I couldn't get the down button quick enough. The feature may be there but they aren't 100%.

The system works, I tried it with a notebook. I'm too scared to have my arm/fingers in there though :P

Also your comment about pets, why would you close all of the windows if your dog was inside? I would use it if I forgot to close the windows and shut off the engine already.