Aftermarket Wheel Offset

bear

THis is appropriate for the tire/wheel forums, but wanted to ask specifically to those who have the LS 400. Upgrading to 17 inch wheels, and most tire shops say to use offsett of at least +35mm. The 17 inch wheels I intend to purchase have a widh of 8" and offset of +30mm. Was wondering if this offset would work on the 90 LS 400. Planning to get 235 45 17 tires. Most tire/wheel shops are reading from various books, so I wanted to know first hand from those with actual experience. And yes, bolt pattern as well as center bore match up. Car will not be lowered and has non-adjustable suspension with stock brakes. Thanks in advance for the advice.

bear,

I'm in the process of looking for 17" or 18" rims for my '99 LS. Most of the rims for the LS that I've seen on www.tirerack.com have a 38mm to 40mm offset. 30mm is quite a bit off from 38mm so you'd better measure twice and cut once so to speak.

Let us know what you find out since I'm sure you'll be helping others.

:)

THis is appropriate for the tire/wheel forums, but wanted to ask specifically to those who have the LS 400. Upgrading to 17 inch wheels, and most tire shops say to use offsett of at least +35mm. The 17 inch wheels I intend to purchase have a widh of 8" and offset of +30mm. Was wondering if this offset would work on the 90 LS 400. Planning to get 235 45 17 tires. Most tire/wheel shops are reading from various books, so I wanted to know first hand from those with actual experience. And yes, bolt pattern as well as center bore match up. Car will not be lowered and has non-adjustable suspension with stock brakes. Thanks in advance for the advice.

i ordered my 18" with a 38mm off set and they fit perfect. If you have any questions contact MHT wheels. that is the company that made my spinning wheels.My wheels are 18x8.5 and no problems here. If you need halp let me know.

Lexx