Crazy Electrical Problem

95 sc400 151000 miles, i drive the car alot, this just started last night. idleing jumps between 600 and 900 eradicaly. turned ac on seemed to stabilize. turned ac off on my way home to see if any change at high speed 80 mph. ran fine had the fresh air button pressed so air flows through. air was extremly cold without ac on. AC light started to blink on and off rapidly with nothing on but fresh air. i poked it and it stoped.

Today its hot in FL. so turned ac on. car STALLED out! turned AC off started back up and ran fine. AC compressor is kicking on and off, on and off this is the reason for the idleing problem i believe however the reason for the compressor to do this is beyond me, any suggestions, and whats further puzzeling is when i turn ac on, car spitts and sutters eventually stalling out.

Also I dont know if this is related or not but the pass. side fog light wont come on. bulb is good i tested at battery. just wont work when called for. this problem has existed for a couple months though. These problems are leading me to believe its electrical malfunction not mechanical. any and all ideas welcome!

i just changed the plugs air filter oil and breaks a week ago, and am changing tranny fluid 1qt at a time, week by week. could i have screwed something up while doing this?

check engine light does not come on

so noby has encountered anything like this?

it sounds almost unbelieveable dont it. the ac killing the car.

through proccess of elimation i have determend the only thing that connects them is the ECU (main computer). on the 90 pin plug entering the ECU the fuel pump and the magnetic switch relay for ac is right beside each other, also the idle control switch is beside them as well. I have removed the magnetic switch relay from the system so the compressor doesent come on at all, HOT in FLA. howerver if the ac butten is pressed while driving the car dies on the spot. This is indicateing the compressor is not the problem and at that point i have by passed all other possibilites except the ECU. The idleing is still very screwy but the car is operational. I have ordered a new ECU from ebay for 90 bucks (which is a lot better than dealers $900) it should be here in a week or so. I guess I will have to limp around town till it gets here. I will update after install.

• 2 weeks later...

got my engine & ect ecu (computer) today. car runs perfect again!!!!! YEA!!!!! It has been a long HOT 2 weeks here in FLA. but shes blowing cold again and the car dont even stall a bit. Idleing right again and every thing. Still cant figure out this fog light thing out. I will though eventually.

got my engine & ect ecu (computer) today. car runs perfect again!!!!! YEA!!!!! It has been a long HOT 2 weeks here in FLA. but shes blowing cold again and the car dont even stall a bit. Idleing right again and every thing. Still cant figure out this fog light thing out. I will though eventually.

Congratulations on good thinking and execution. Your experience may well prove useful to others!