Lexus Link Message On Every Start

Phoenix Mike

Have a 2003 gx470, owned for 3 months, get the message "there is a problem with the Lexus Link system, please return to your Lexus dealer for repairs". I did a test and there are no fault codes in the system. The system is not activated, could this be the reason for the message? Also, if this system is cell phone based it is analog, I dont think the Phoenix area supports analog anymore as I had to update my home security system for that reason. Perhaps someone knows how to disable the message? Thanks.

The ECU requires change, This is done free by the dealer himself. There is Vendor exchange program for replacement of ECU . Check out with the dealer and Order the Lexus link ECU thru the exchange program via the vendor exchange program application at the dealer. I do not know if the offer still exist with which dealer across US. If I am not wrong there was a TSB issued for the exchange program of analog model, maybe if somebody has the copy they can publish on this forum.

My 2003 says "The Lexus Link System is not active. To activate your Lexus Link system, press the services button now" every time I start the truck. If I press the "services" button, the Lexus Link system people come on and say that I can activate it since it is connecting. How come they say this since this analog system is supposed to be extinct?

• 4 years later...

Thanks for the document to download on the analog and exchange program. If I don't want to utilize this service is there an option to turn off the message

"The Lexus Link System is not active. To activate your Lexus Link system, press the services button now".