95 Ls400 Leaking Ps Fluid

tofu

Does anyone know if this is common problem with LS400? Mine is leaking Power steeering fluid and I have to put new fluid in every 2-3 weeks. It leaks around the power steering gear/rack assembly. Thanx.

Yes, it is common, but quite honestly, it is on most any car that is 14 years old. Just one of those things that simply wears out over time. One way to help it though is to clean the power steering solenoid screen and flush the system. This will siginificantly improve the steering effort "one finger steering" and reduce the pressure of the system. Do some searches on here for power steering leaks, solenoid, etc, and you'll find several posts on how to remove and clean that solenoid. It's the little cylinder shaped attachment to the rack by the driver's side front wheel of the rack. It has to wires going into it, with a black rubber cap. It's the opposite of righty-tighty, lefty-loosey when you try to take it off.

Yes, it is common, but quite honestly, it is on most any car that is 14 years old. Just one of those things that simply wears out over time. One way to help it though is to clean the power steering solenoid screen and flush the system. This will siginificantly improve the steering effort "one finger steering" and reduce the pressure of the system. Do some searches on here for power steering leaks, solenoid, etc, and you'll find several posts on how to remove and clean that solenoid. It's the little cylinder shaped attachment to the rack by the driver's side front wheel of the rack. It has to wires going into it, with a black rubber cap. It's the opposite of righty-tighty, lefty-loosey when you try to take it off.

Copy & Paste or Sticky, Copy & Paste or Sticky...................

:whistles:

Will do, thank you very much.

i just had a power steering issue, and the guys here gave me some fabulous advice...look up my thread...alot of great info there.

...found a new great mechanic who knows Lexus....and he cleaned out the system..air valve...solenoid screen....and I now have ''' one finger steering''', no smoke, no drips, no fluid loss....he also mentioned that he thought it might be a "Temperature" problem...that that little air valve does not like the cold SW winter.......i'm going to get an oil pan heater for next winter .

To celebrate I am going to SPEED ......somewhere..... :ph34r:...remote and exciting