Water In The Trunk

stillcrazy

Found water in trunk in tool area. Has anyone had this problem, if so , what was the solution?

Either the trunk seal or the drain tube that exits the passenger rear wheel well is not in the exit hole.

• 2 weeks later...
Found water in trunk in tool area. Has anyone had this problem, if so , what was the solution?

Thank you for the suggestion. Will check the tube first, did not feel carpet wetness.

When I recently bought my SC430, I had water in the spare tire well. It was obvious that the trunk weatherstrip (trunk lid edge closest to the rear window) had deteriorated. I replaced it (about $50 from the Lexus parts dept) and that took care of it. Was bone dry after driving through a recent storm.

Hope this may help.

Mike

• 7 months later...

Thank you for the suggestion. Will check the tube first, did not feel carpet wetness.

When I recently bought my SC430, I had water in the spare tire well. It was obvious that the trunk weatherstrip (trunk lid edge closest to the rear window) had deteriorated. I replaced it (about $50 from the Lexus parts dept) and that took care of it. Was bone dry after driving through a recent storm.

Hope this may help.

Mike

Sorry. Came across this thread after doing a search. $50???? I have the same problem and the dealer is wanting $700 to replace all 3 trunk seals, even though the water is just leaking in the top right corner. Talk about being ripped a new one. Thanks for the info. Off to search for the part ... and an honest dealership (in and around San Diego).

P.S. Can you tell me where you purchased it? The cheapest price I can find is about $130+ S/H.

• 1 month later...

Hope this may help.

Mike

I just had mine fixed for the same problem. Wound up to be the trunk latch was not pulling the trunk lid down tight enough