Warning Light

wakenci

Hi Everybody..I have a Question i have a Lexus ls400 1991 :o my car light turns on like an example my low oil pressure ,discharge,brake light and low engine coolant warning lights all these lights keep appearing to appear.

Welcome to the club! :cheers: It always helps to provide as much info/details about your prob as you can. Such as, when does this ocurr, idling, driving, braking, at what speed, what condition is the car in, any work recently done, etc. You'll be asked these questions anyway, so may as well post the details right from the start. You should also update your personal info to include the year or your LS. This way you won't have to remember to post it every time.

Thank you for aswering my question. The lights turn on as soon as i turn on the car, I havent done any work on it recently. The car is in good condition. The lights that turn are the low engine coolant, low oil pressure, parking break, and discharge warning light. I cant seem to find whats wrong if you can help me I would appreciated. Thank you!

How old is your batt and is it fully charged?

I think the battery is fully charged because the car turns on fine, and i only had it for two months. When i take the battery cable off the car turns off. Also the replace bulb light is also on, i forgot to mention it earlier. Thank you, again for taking your time and answering me.

You wouldnt happen to be talking about how they all light up when you turn the switch right? They dont go away? Just making sure.

Yes they all light up when i turn on the switch, and some of them turn off and the ones that stay on are the coolant level warning, the low oil pressure, replace bulb, stop and check battery.

I've taken for granted (maybe I shouldn't) that you've gone through the basic checklist:

connections/grounds are clean and tight, s belt isn't slipping, etc. If you've done that then I'd check your charging system.

You wouldnt happen to be talking about how they all light up when you turn the switch right? They dont go away? Just making sure.

Yes they all light up when i turn on the switch, and some of them turn off and the ones that stay on are the coolant level warning, the low oil pressure, replace bulb, stop and check battery.

Have you checked the coolant, oil, bulb, and battery?

any auto store place should check your electrical system for free..

I know the Local walmart does it for free here..

Get an ohm meter for yourself.. test voltages on the batt. with the car on and off.

OFF should be ~12vt

ON should be ~14ish vt ??

(IIRC)

any auto store place should check your electrical system for free..

I know the Local walmart does it for free here..

Get an ohm meter for yourself.. test voltages on the batt. with the car on and off.

OFF should be ~12vt

ON should be ~14ish vt ??

(IIRC)

I actually doubt a place like that can do that on a '91 model. Advanced told me my '92 was to old for it.

Hi Everybody..I have a Question i have a Lexus ls400 1991 :o my car light turns on like an example my low oil pressure ,discharge,brake light and low engine coolant warning lights all these lights keep appearing to appear.

Great, I am in the same boat as you. I had a power steering leak and it took out my alternator and hence the lights you mention all came on at once. I had the alternator replaced and this worked for a bit. Today (3 days later) they all come on at the same time then go off again and the process repeats itself. I have been told that the replacement alternator (rebuilt Bosch) may be a bad one. Either way, I would be interested in how you make out. Will keep you posted on my journey too.

Great, I am in the same boat as you. I had a power steering leak and it took out my alternator and hence the lights you mention all came on at once. I had the alternator replaced and this worked for a bit. Today (3 days later) they all come on at the same time then go off again and the process repeats itself. I have been told that the replacement alternator (rebuilt Bosch) may be a bad one. Either way, I would be interested in how you make out. Will keep you posted on my journey too.

Thank you Thank you wakenci

• 7 years later...

I am having the same lights come on but here is the twist. I bench tested my alternator and it passed on all three tests. I bought a new battery. I spliced in a new main plug to the alternator. And I replaced the fuseable link between the alternator and the battery. Because one of the wires going into the 120 amp fuse in the the useable link box was burnt and corroded. So i spliced in a new wire and box but left all the other wires as is. It all got wether proofed and ran fine until all of those lights came on in my car too. My alternator still isn't charging my battery properly and I don't know why. Can anyone help???