Armyofone Detailed-

Ok, so this trucks paint was DESTROYED. it is an 08, and already needed a complete claying top to bottom, end to end. It had the little orange spots from tar all over the paint, and being that it was a white vehicle, they had to be removed. They stuck out like a sore thumb. You will see what I mean in a minute.

Megs Dash Trim Foam.

Megs #26 Paste

Megs Deep Crystal Auto Shampoo

Megs All Wheel Cleaner

Mothers Aggressive Clay system-Lubed with soapy water.

Megs Aerosol QD

Megs Microfibers

Megs #7

Auto Armor Paint Cleaner-this stuff is the same stuff dealers use. it is AMAZING.

Megs Quik-Out Uphostery Cleaner

Oxy-Clean Laundry Stain remover (for the carpet)

Simple Green

Aerospace 303

Megs Quick Interior Detailer

Stoners Invisible Glass aerosol glass cleaner.

Megs Hot Shine Xtreme Tire Shine

^Pretty much my same stuff I always use. For the interior process, in case any of you wonder how to get those "lines" in the carpet, I do it this way:

Spray Oxyclean (or equivalent) on capets and floor mats. Spray floor mats down with water hose till they are SOAKED! use your scrbbrush (NOT THE SAME ONE YOU USE FOR THE TIRES) and scub the entire carpeted floor mat. DO NOT SPRAY the inside of the vehicle. This would basically be the equivalent of flood damage. Here is whats key. After you have scrubbed rigorously and removed all stains to the best of your ability, RINSE THOUROUGHLY, then get your genie wet/dry vac (dont forget to remove the filter for wet use). Attach your flat vaccuming attachment and vaccuum the water out of the mats.

For the actual carpet inside the vehicle the process is the same, except use your spray bottle full of hot soapy water to saturate the carpet, scrub, rinse with regular hot water and vaccuum dry. Bear in mind to run the vaccuum slowly over the mat. down from the top of the mat, move the Attachment over an inch, and go up from the bottom to top. (Think mowing the grass). This will achieve the "striped" pattern in your carpets.

There are alot more before pix, than after. And once again, I forgot to get after engine shots. I started at 830am and didnt finish until 5pm, so I was exhausted. Now, On to the pix!

Before:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Before (cont.):

9.jpg

^Some of the paint contaminants I was talking about. ALOT of tar, salt, grit and grime. I had to break out the aggressive claybar, which I hate doing because it requires paint correction if you make even the slightest mistake. Thankfully, Nothing went wrong.

10.jpg

^Orange Dots I was talking about. Claybar took them right out.

11.jpg

12.jpg

^RUST!!!!!! UNACCEPTABLE on a 2008. Its barely a year old! Some tin foil and hot soapy water takes care of that.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15i.jpg

17i.jpg

16i.jpg

18i.jpg

Lookin good!

What was your process with the #7 and the paint cleaner?

The Auto Armor Paint cleaner is a very hard cleaner/polish, much like Zymol/Nu-Finish. It gets whatever clay misses, and is easier to use than clay, cause as you know it can be arm-breaking work! You use it just like liquid wax. I went in this order:

Clay, Re-wash, Paint cleaner, then I followed with Megs #7 (Show Car Glaze), then Did a coat of #26, and just to make sure I got it sealed up good, I threw a coat of NXT over that.

The process for #7 is as follows:

Pour a quarter sizesd amount on Meguiars foam applicator pad.

Apply to about a 2 sq ft section and wipe clean w/ microfiber towel.

DO NOT LET PRODUCT DRY ON PAINT. BAD JU-JU!

Clean job sir!

Thank you!