Did You Buy A 1995 Ls400 In Raleigh, Nc?

nc211

I'm curious if the current owner of my old LS400 has found this site yet or not. Did you buy a black/tan 1995 LS400 in the fall of 2007 with approx 130k miles from a dealership in Cary for around $7,500? Are you the third owner? If so, I'd like to hear from you!

Most Lexus owners are not enthusiasts.

If you would be so kind as to explain your thoughts that leave you to beleive that "Most Lexus owners are not enthusiasts" Thank You in Advance ;)

Whoever bought Nc's LS is probably still on there first road trip, Enjoying that well cared for Companion of a car :cheers:

I love my '91 LS400--what do I need to do to become an enthusiast?

You just need to stick around here sir :)

And, amcdonal86, what do you mean by enthusiast?? If you mean a pure love for the vehicle then I think ALL Lexus owners are enthusiasts. But if you mean the urge to mod and DIY... than I must agree.

I would like to know where my last LS400 is at (in my avatar), but it was crashed by the girl that bought it and I think it was salvaged... may have been crushed by now? :(

:( :cries:

I know. I saw the girl like a month after she bought it and she said she crashed it... the front one one side and the back on the other side was hit... I think she said it was still driveable (or salvaged, I cant remember, its been 4 or 5 years), but she said that something happened to the engine when the crash occured and the engine was ruined? Not sure what happened. I have not seen her or the car since. :(

I wish I would have exchanged info with the guy who bought my '95. I wonder how many miles it's up to. I miss that car; it was unstoppable. It was truly fantastic and far less troublesome than my '99...I guess it keeps things exciting wondering what's going to break next! LOL

I wish I would have exchanged info with the guy who bought my '95. I wonder how many miles it's up to. I miss that car; it was unstoppable. It was truly fantastic and far less troublesome than my '99...I guess it keeps things exciting wondering what's going to break next! LOL

Thats the way my 1990 was (in my avatar). It had 260K miles and no telling how far it would have went had I kept it. The girl I sold it to was an abuser and then trashed and crashed the car. :( I never had problems with that car, except the A/C and radio went out, which are things that still work on my current 1991 LS, but it didnt need things like a power steering pump, valve cover gaskets or engine mounts like my current LS needs.

Enthusiast, enthusiastic, enthused, I'm all of them.

I bought the LS for the family, let the wife drive it. Eighteen months later I bought the GS. Park them side by side. Pal of mine bought one on my recommendation. My father-in-law bought a 95 LS because of riding in my two cars - first Japanese car he's ever owned. Former Volvo customer of mine just bought a lovely 96 LS that I checked out for him.

I think that qualifies me.

Most Lexus owners (or any car really) that is of age like my LS was when I sold it, are the type to understand that forums like this exist for thier benefit to keep their old(er) car running in top form, without getting treated like a drunk prom date by the dealership. I was just curious if the current owner might have encounter a problem that might have sent him searching the web for info on, which as you should know, is how many of us ended up on here to begin with. Granted, my LS was in top notch form when I sold it, with a very impressive list of repairs and renovations (specifically all and every suspension component and mount the car had). But, it's still now 14 years old. So I was curious if he/she were on here yet????

I get the felling that you're not really a fan of Lexus. I mean, you've posted threads about how the car bores you, you're not very happy with how it handles, it's no "miata", etc.....

Can you do us a favor? We know you are underwhelmed with your LS, but can you stop bringing a pall to everybody else's threads?

We know you think your LS is bland and soulless, we know you're going to trade it for an RX-8. I'm tired of seeing other member's threads drug off track by this. This post serves no purpose but as flamebait and as you can tell by the responses its completely derailed the purpose of nc's thread. Every post you make is only about that.

Thats not a request by the way. You're free to have your opinions, but if you can't express them without disrupting other people's threads you should hit the bricks. We've done you the courtesy of answering all your questions and helping you with your vehicle and people have been very respectful of your opinions, you need to show us the same courtesy by leaving us alone to enjoy our vehicles and our forum.

Check this out: www.rx8club.com

Enthusiast, enthusiastic, enthused, I'm all of them.

I bought the LS for the family, let the wife drive it. Eighteen months later I bought the GS. Park them side by side. Pal of mine bought one on my recommendation. My father-in-law bought a 95 LS because of riding in my two cars - first Japanese car he's ever owned. Former Volvo customer of mine just bought a lovely 96 LS that I checked out for him.

I think that qualifies me.

I have 2 of them.... am I? I think I am.. bp

I love my '91 LS400--what do I need to do to become an enthusiast?

Nothing. I said most Lexus owners are not enthusiasts. What I meant to say is most LS owners are not enthusiasts.

Just look at the size of this forum compared to that of other cars. It's TINY! Mazda forums, Honda forums, BMW forums, Benz forums, Porsche, etc. Now, that may not be the only metric of enthusiasm for a particular model of car, but you could also look at the breadth of aftermarket accessories available for the LS--also an incredibly limited selection.

There is nothing wrong with you if you are enthusiastic about your LS. Just know that you are in a pretty small group, and if you sold your LS400 recently, the chance that the OP will actually find the person who purchased his car a couple of years ago on this forum is incredibly tiny!

But then again, the same would be true of virtually any car.

Can you do us a favor? We know you are underwhelmed with your LS, but can you stop bringing a pall to everybody else's threads?

We know you think your LS is bland and soulless, we know you're going to trade it for an RX-8. I'm tired of seeing other member's threads drug off track by this. This post serves no purpose but as flamebait and as you can tell by the responses its completely derailed the purpose of nc's thread. Every post you make is only about that.

Thats not a request by the way. You're free to have your opinions, but if you can't express them without disrupting other people's threads you should hit the bricks. We've done you the courtesy of answering all your questions and helping you with your vehicle and people have been very respectful of your opinions, you need to show us the same courtesy by leaving us alone to enjoy our vehicles and our forum.

Check this out: www.rx8club.com

Thanks for that link. I am already a member of RX8 club.

My post was explaining why he will probably not find the owner of the car on the forum. I don't see what's so upsetting about it. I apologize if I killed anyone's buzz.

Add this forum and ClubLexus together. When you add the two of us together it represents 194,880 members and 4,599,465 posts. Thats not very tiny. The RX8 club by comparison has 53,858 and 2,738,653 posts. Thats less than our forum (not posts, but members) and far less than when you combine us and CL. So I guess there are more Lexus enthusiasts than RX8 enthusiasts? MBWorld.org the huge MB site has 108,961 members and 3,671,565 posts. I guess there are more Lexus enthusiasts than MB enthusiasts huh? Or at least as many when you factor in folks that are members here and at CL...

Doesn't make sense, there are PLENTY of Lexus enthusiasts out there.

Nothing upsetting about your post, but you know as well as I do what the tone and intention of the post was, and as you can see this thread is now about Lexus owners not being enthusiasts instead of who bought nc's car, meaning you hijacked the thread. The link was a suggestion that you post there...and not here if this is all we're ever going to hear from you.

It's really entertaining to me how you think people that own LSs aren't enthusiasts.

Go find some old man in town that is driving an LS. Talk to him about his car. I don't care if he's 90 years old, and got his 1990 LS brand new. He will be in LOVE with it. Chances are better that he is utterly infatuated with the car..

I think that would classify him as an "enthusiast".

I completely agree with everything SW is saying. You HATE your car, and let everyone publicly know it MULTIPLE times... yet you STILL own the car... and participate in these forums... Which by all means I have no problem with... but if you really dislike this "soulless" car.. why??

..why :huh:??? I don't get it.

attitudesadjusted.jpg

Poor NC... just wanted to find his old car's new owner... :lol: