Dealer Overpressurized Tires

2upFZ1

Ok, so last weekend we bought our CPO 2006 ES330. Last night I decided to check out some things (oil level, tranny, tires, etc). Each tires had the "Nitrogen Filled" valve caps, but when I checked the pressure, each tire was filled between 36-37psi (tires cold). The spec calls for 30psi in each. Why would the dealer overfill each tire?

I dropped each one to 35psi, but I still can't even think of why?

Do you have to overfill because of the Nitrogen?

Should I drop them to the recommended 30psi?

In all my vehicles I like to run them 2-3psi over recommended, but 6-7psi seems ridiculous.

Any suggestions?

Thanx

Dealers ALWAYS overinflate tires. I always let the air out of them on the lot before I drive off.

Your nitrogen isn't nitrogen anymore lol, the dealer topped the pressure off with regular air. Not that it matters though...

I get a kick out of these places charging like $7.99/tire to switch over to Nitrogen.

I lowered each tire to 35psi, only because I regularly run mine about 4-5psi over just for that little reduction in rolling resistance.

Tell me, what are the supposed benifits of Nitro filled tires? They must have some marketing BS to sell it.

There are plenty of claims made to benefits and as many arguements against them. Just do a google search and read.

I have researched the nitrogen alternative extensively because I have seen many retailers "having specials" and "sales" for nitrogen inflation of your tires. I was curious. After reading many reviews and scientific claims I have concluded that a 100% nitrogen-filled tire will do all the things they claim compared to a tire filled with conventional air.

However, I suggest you regularly just use the 78% nitrogen mixture that's available everywhere for free to keep your tires properly inflated. I don't think we need to get into the size difference of N2 and O2 molecules, or the concept of Boyles Law here. Suffice it to say, in some instances nitrogen (which is an inert gas) is a better way to fill a tire. Those instances occur on the racetrack, in airline tires and in some military applications. For normal day-to-day circumstances, it's just not worth the hassel.

Just my opinion constructed from what I have researched.

steviej