Silicon Lubricant For This?

HRP

As a followup to a question which I previously raiised on this and a couple other forums, I aasked my service manager about the best way to treat the upper window gasket on my Lexus 2002 LS430 which becomes rough between routine cleanups. I'd been using Z-16 Zaino's Vinyl and Rubber Protectant) for this. He recommended that I clean it until it was smooth, thrn use a silicon spray lubricant (in my garage, that's CRC). Anyone ever use it for that purpose and/or for other window or door, trunk, etc trim??? I've used it on cars as a window channel lubricant, but never as on a gaket. Will it also act as a protectant?? Comments, questions, snide remarks.

As a followup to a question which I previously raiised on this and a couple other forums, I aasked my service manager about the best way to treat the upper window gasket on my Lexus 2002 LS430 which becomes rough between routine cleanups. I'd been using Z-16 Zaino's Vinyl and Rubber Protectant) for this. He recommended that I clean it until it was smooth, thrn use a silicon spray lubricant (in my garage, that's CRC). Anyone ever use it for that purpose and/or for other window or door, trunk, etc trim??? I've used it on cars as a window channel lubricant, but never as on a gaket. Will it also act as a protectant?? Comments, questions, snide remarks.

should work relatively well, won't attract dirt and dust like a petroleum based lubricant.

Just make sure you buy REAL silicon spray, and not something that says "with silicon"I think it's Liquid Wrench that is in a yellow can...............it smells and feels like kerosene ! I use CRC Heavy Duty Silicone spray on everything thats rubber, especially around window tracks, reduces drag on motors. Works nice on sunroof tracks also.......and door locks.........and power antennas......... :)