New Owner And Member

tikitiki

I've been lurking here for quite a while. I was doing research on my 97 ES 300 idling problems and came across this site. Everyone here is very helpful and knowleadgeable. I finally bit the bullet and bought a 2009 ES 350, Black with Nav, no ML though. I thought my 97 was quiet but man, this car is a cocoon! Talk about sound isolation. Just got the car this past Sat and still getting used to it.

I have one question though -- Does the Nav provide turn-by-turn directions? Will it pronounce steet names? So far it's only saying the freeway exit numbers.

Thanks.

Firstly, welcome to the club. :)

And to answer your question: Does the Nav provide turn-by-turn directions? Yes Will it pronounce steet names? No

So far it's only saying the freeway exit numbers. Correct

Welcome aboard...I'm glad you are enjoying your Lexus, Yes, this one 'sound proof' car and an extremely smooth ride. As mentioned the Nav does not pronounce street names, but it's more than adequate IMO.... :cheers:

I've been lurking here for quite a while. I was doing research on my 97 ES 300 idling problems and came across this site. Everyone here is very helpful and knowleadgeable. I finally bit the bullet and bought a 2009 ES 350, Black with Nav, no ML though. I thought my 97 was quiet but man, this car is a cocoon! Talk about sound isolation. Just got the car this past Sat and still getting used to it.

I have one question though -- Does the Nav provide turn-by-turn directions? Will it pronounce steet names? So far it's only saying the freeway exit numbers.

Thanks.

Welcome to the club,

I also have a 2009 ES350, it is my second Lexus my first was a 2002 ES300 had 89,000 trouble free miles on it. This new ES350 is by far one of the best cars I have ever owned. Came back from a 1500 mile trip last week the car rode so smooth and quite it was a pleasure to drive.

Good luck with your new ES.

I have an 07 ES and the NAV WILL pronounce certain things, especially route numbers.

It will say "...turn right on eye-five-eighty-one (Interstate 581)" or "proceed on U S Route four-sixty", but as for something like, "turn left on smithfield drive", you'll have to read the display for that...always wondered why they won't let you watch DVD's or program destinations while you drive, but you must read the NAV screen to identify street names! Go figure!

Pictures please. :D

Hey fellows,

Thanks for the congrats and for answering my question. My 97 ES 300 had over 120k miles; was having stalling problems but for the most part was trouble free. It was actually my wife who pushed me into trading my 97 so lucky me! I really love this car, quiet and built like a vault. My only beef is that it takes a while to figure out the Nav system as i am not technically inclined, but I'll get it eventually.

Look forward to being a member!

:D