Mixing Spark Plugs

don corleone

hello everyone long time no post hehehe. my LS has been running roughly for a few weeks and the root of the problem was the ign coil. long story short i fixed that but the car is still running rough. i pulled some of the spark plugs to find that they are dry fouling. for those who dont know the fuel mixture was not being detonated because the coil was not firing. only 4 of the plugs are dry fouled the other 4 are light brown in color which is normal. i saw the NGK IX iridium (same as ones in currently) at auto zone for $7 bucks each and was wondering if i can just buy 4 or should i just go ahead and buy all 8. i know that they can be cleaned but from what i read the fouling goes down deep into the electrode and the part that is cleaned is normally a small section that is exposed.

any ideas on the results. im thinking long term. will the 4 older ones crap out before the new ones? are spark plug electrodes know to perform better when newer or do they just transmit a spark? the old plugs have about 30k or so on them. i was thinking about keeping the old ones in case i buy a toyota that needs plugs. never hurts to have extra stuff.

Thanks for any and all help and Happy Easter

trust me i know very well how expensive these cars are. $1500 tune up on a almost 20 year old car LOL. even the parts alone ran me about $500 but thank God for sites like these and lexls for all the great and FREE info lol. i checked the coils with a multimeter and both check out at 12.25 and the repair manual states they should be between 10200-13800 so they are fine. i also checked my wires, extremely low!!!!! Denso first time fit wires; cost about $90 here are my ohms

1... 0.75

2... 0.89

3... 2.52

4... 2.31

5... 2.40

6... 2.25

7... 1.58

8... 1.61

c... 0.59

c... 0.85

thus why i LOVE denso products (PS both coils are denso originals and wires have 2-3 yrs on them)

denso is a great supplier. everything is built to such i high standard. even the wiper blade inserts are covered in graphite. to make the wipers smoother? all i know is oem and denso is the way to go!!

trust me i know very well how expensive these cars are. $1500 tune up on a almost 20 year old car LOL. even the parts alone ran me about $500 but thank God for sites like these and lexls for all the great and FREE info lol. i checked the coils with a multimeter and both check out at 12.25 and the repair manual states they should be between 10200-13800 so they are fine. i also checked my wires, extremely low!!!!! Denso first time fit wires; cost about $90 here are my ohms

1... 0.75

2... 0.89

3... 2.52

4... 2.31

5... 2.40

6... 2.25

7... 1.58

8... 1.61

c... 0.59

c... 0.85

thus why i LOVE denso products (PS both coils are denso originals and wires have 2-3 yrs on them)

Its good to see people actually using Ohm Meters to diagnose an issue before they spend thier Hard-earned money on useless replacements! :D

1... 0.75

2... 0.89

3... 2.52

4... 2.31

5... 2.40

6... 2.25

7... 1.58

8... 1.61

c... 0.59

c... 0.85

Its good to see people actually using Ohm Meters to diagnose an issue before they spend thier Hard-earned money on useless replacements! :D

I was hoping someone would post a list of diagnostic procedures that you can do cheaply and or w/o replacing parts. It seems like using a multimeter is enough to check most issues on a car.