92 Ls400 Will Not Start

Lucky13

Ok see if this makes any sence. When I was driving the other day the AC control panel went out. When I got home I replaced a blown 15 fuse under the dash with a 20 fuse and switched the key to on but did not crank it. The panel lit up again so problem fixed righ? When I started it the next day the panel was dark again and the 20 fuse was blown. I drove it and did not have time to deal with it. This morning I pulled the fuse back out and replaced it again. I switched the key on and the AC control lights came on. But when I turned the key all the way nothing hapend. No attemted start or anything.

I took the fuse out, put the blown one back in, any combanation but still, no start. I dont even know if it has anything to do with the fuse or anything but if it isnt it seems an odd coincedence.

Also when I turn the key to start it the only thing that happens is all the lights on the AC control panel, thermostat, and even radio go dark. When I let off the key back to ACC they come back on. Electrical problem of some kind can anybody help me out? I really havn't gotten any help with anything on this site.

sounds kinda like your battery may be dead/going. whenever my batt is low everything will come on (interior lights etc.) but when i try and start the car the dash dims and i will hear "click, click, click." have your battery checked and if it is dead/weak then your alternator most likely is shot. very common. if you have skills with basic tools you can change the alternator your self or pay pep boys $75 to do it. also look into the power steering pump because it will kill your new alts until you fix the problem. also very simple buy a $1 PS hose. dont know why you are not getting much help but most members dont answer simple questions or topics that are very common that's what search is for so dont take it personally

The batt is fine and there is no click at all. If it is a commonn problem then I cant find another scenario like this at all anywhere on theis forum or the net. When I turn the key the interior controls to not dim like a dead battery. They shut off like I have removed the fuse that controles the radio and HUD for AC controle. And this happend overnigight. One day running fine, the next day this. No batt and allternater are fine.

Not every single thing shuts off. The clock is still on, the light behind it goes dead. All the things like engine light and speedometer rpm needle and gauage, all that stays on. Nothing different about the key.

unless you cant find a short. The wires in the trunk always get cut and crossed. i rewrapped the wires with black electrical tape were the joints hold the trunk open. try looking for some of the easy wires and trace them. if not you might need a tow :(