I Need Help For Install Or Loading Map Into Ls460 Hdd Navigation Syste

I'm from the Gulf Arab United Arab Emirates and i buy lexus ls460l/2007 from usa , im my car ((hdd navigation system)) includes a special map of America , ihave Arabian Gulf region dvd map and i want to CHANGE AND install it into HDD NAVIGATION but i cant , i fund a special slot for map require special cable and navigation ubdate tool , also that there was no override in my navigation system .. i tired of searching the forums on this topic ... any body can help me (( argent))

Edited by SW03ES
Removed needlessly large font...

I'm from the Gulf Arab United Arab Emirates and i buy lexus ls460l/2007 from usa , im my car ((hdd navigation system)) includes a special map of America , ihave Arabian Gulf region dvd map and i want to CHANGE AND install it into HDD NAVIGATION but i cant , i fund a special slot for map require special cable and navigation ubdate tool , also that there was no override in my navigation system .. i tired of searching the forums on this topic ... any body can help me (( argent))

I am not sure if there is a solution. Gulf Region navigation is DVD base and USA is HDD base. Hence, the way they are loading the upgrade is different. Unless you can somehow upload the DVD info to the USB drive that is needed to upgrade the USA region navigation.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if there is a solution. Gulf Region navigation is DVD base and USA is HDD base. Hence, the way they are loading the upgrade is different. Unless you can somehow upload the DVD info to the USB drive that is needed to upgrade the USA region navigation.

You would need a SST, the navtool from lexus, you can use that to upload the maps to the navtool and to the car using your PC. However, it cannot be done because it requires a security code (different for each car). The security code or key is only available to Lexus dealers at the moment. I have the whole procedure on how to upload the maps to the HDD navigation but without the key, its useless.

• 3 months later...

Hi ebrahim,

where are you at now ?

please email me back and send me your phone no. if you want GCC HDD map

regards

aba7alawa@yahoo.com

Hi ebrahim,

where are you at now ?

please email me back and send me your phone no. if you want GCC HDD map

regards

aba7alawa@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is my first post around, I hope to get it all well.

570 with HDD navi system, imported Canada->Europe, american map database.

I HAVE BYPASSED THE HARD DISK LOCK by uncomplicated means.

Also ran a backup of the original configuration, all the 4 partitions, on my laptop.

Further, I attempted to substitute the american maps with the ones from my RAV-4 dvd based system, no go.

Returned the disk to original conditions, no damage, it's all reversible.

Attempted to further blend files between different versions of maps I could collect. No go.

Back to restoring from the backup, no damage.

Read the user manual of that official "nav update tool".

I believe we could bypass many steps by directly accessing the hard disk. Which I can. And almost everyone with a laptop could.

If this post goes well (remember, my first one ;) , then I'll attempt to post a detailed listing of all files from all the 4 partitions.

To further continue my work and provide un with simple solution to problems of exported cars, I'll need similar contents from another region, be it Russian Federation, Europe or GCC.

My aim is to blend and provide easy NAV remapping for exported cars, something that LExus will not privide at all, at least in Switzerland.

Take care, thanks for reading,

LB

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get the Navigation map system on my car exported from the US, it now has GCC Map, a guy from saudi arabia did the job for me. I do not know what he did, but he told me that he put a new hardware device and it functions!!!

Few days later i discovered that the job is not 100% right as The HDD recorder is not recording any CD and i am unable to store telephone Numbers in my HDD telephone book.

Do you have any idea to get these back to work?

• 6 months later...

Also ran a backup of the original configuration, all the 4 partitions, on my laptop.

Further, I attempted to substitute the american maps with the ones from my RAV-4 dvd based system, no go.

Attempted to further blend files between different versions of maps I could collect. No go.

I believe we could bypass many steps by directly accessing the hard disk. Which I can. And almost everyone with a laptop could.

If this post goes well (remember, my first one ;) , then I'll attempt to post a detailed listing of all files from all the 4 partitions.

To further continue my work and provide un with simple solution to problems of exported cars, I'll need similar contents from another region, be it Russian Federation, Europe or GCC.

My aim is to blend and provide easy NAV remapping for exported cars, something that LExus will not privide at all, at least in Switzerland.

LB

Dear Techie,

Thanks for the very helpful information you provided, i am trying to read the original H.D.D of my USA LS460 2007 on my laptop in order of taking image for it.

unfortunetlly it's not readable in windows os. i tried mounting it in linux and i still cannot gain access to it, can you please inform us how did you read the drive ?

Thanks & Best Regards.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi i`m new to this topic

have disconnect the battery Ls460L 2009 HDD navigation system and now the screen display a message (some program cannot be read please consult dealer)

you said in your post that you use the nav dvd can you please tell me what version or what partnumber

Thanks

Ishaar

If this post goes well (remember, my first one wink.gif , then I'll attempt to post a detailed listing of all files from all the 4 partitions.

LB

VIN JTHGL46F185033045

Need some info for the radio

the car battery was flat so we replaced with new batt. now everything is ok except radio,multi display screen

the display show a message (A PROGRAM CANNOT BE READ PLEASE CONSULT TO A DEALER) only radio can heard

after disconnecting the radio connectors and reconnected again radio stop working too.All fuses are OK.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

My ex got the LS430 in our divorce and I've been shopping for a 460 now. With stupid nonsense like this map problem, I no longer want gps in my 460, maybe not even get a 460 at all. Sheesh. When will that madness end? When we buy any item that costs almost $100,000 US it MUST be able to do what *I* want to do with it.

• 1 year later...

for lexus

2007 - 2009. gen5 map 2012-2013.English

2010 - 2012. gen6. map 2012-2013.English

2013-2014.gen7 map 2013-2014.Eng+Arabic

all map gulf for USA car

also I can change all system to gulf system without radio ( radio soon )

• 1 month later...

for lexus

2007 - 2009. gen5 map 2012-2013.English

2010 - 2012. gen6. map 2012-2013.English

2013-2014.gen7 map 2013-2014.Eng+Arabic

all map gulf for USA car

also I can change all system to gulf system without radio ( radio soon )

Hello,

I'm new here ,how to contact you regarding the Maps for Gen7 ?

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I just moved from US to Saudi Arabia and exported my car (2013 LS 460 L). the dealer claim that they can not replace the US maps with GCC... is that true?!.. how can I do it ? ... did anyone have this experience before for 2013 car?

Regards,

ibrahim

Hi,

I just moved from US to Saudi Arabia and exported my car (2013 LS 460 L). the dealer claim that they can not replace the US maps with GCC... is that true?!.. how can I do it ? ... did anyone have this experience before for 2013 car?

Regards

Hi

My email . rahhal81@yahoo.com