Have Anybody Ever Use Simoniz Fix It Scratch Removal?

Nothing works the way that ad says it works.

When you have a scratch like they are showing there, to repair it properly is going to involve painting. A talented person can fill the scratch with touch up paint and wetsand to a pretty invisible repair, but there is no magic bullet for repairing deep scratches.

What type of scratch are you looking to repair?

Then they can be removed.

Try picking up some Meguiars Scratch X, some microfiber towels and some terrycloth towels. Use the terrycloth towel to work the Scratch X in rubbing paralell to the scratch and then use the microfibers to remove...

If that doesn't work you'll need to have someone machine polish them out...

Billy Mayes crap is such a scam, I don't know why the FCC doesn't go after him. All the profit is in the "shipping and handling", not the "all of this for just $19.95, with a money-back guarantee". Yeah, they'll give you your $19.95 back, but not the $59.95 in shipping and "handling". I have a DVR at home, which anyone who has one knows you can pause and rewind live TV. That commercial came on several weeks ago and I paused and watched it again, several time. I SWEAR, when they show that little marker going over the scratch and it appears to look like new, it's actually the reverse effect. You have to watch for "editing" cuts, which is when the camera angle changes, or the view changes. You see Billy standing there scratching the surface of the car, and then you see a close-up shot of the pen going over the scratch to make it look like new again. THERE is the editing cut, and if you look closely at the pressure points of the fingers of the hand using the pen in that shot, you can tell it's being shown in reverse order. They're not "fixing" the scratch, they're "making" the scratch with the pen, and then showing it in reverse. It's such a scam!

hi ... over at AUTOGEEK.NET if know where to look, you can find 3 small videos that show how to do paint correction .... great little videos! You might want to check that out ....

go to Autogeek.net ---- then click on "car polishers, buffers and pads" ..... then when you are on that page, scroll down a little and find where you would click on "Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action Orbital Polisher and Accessories" .... click on that and then look at about mid-page to see where it says "learn how to use the Porter Cable" .... you will see the videos there.

I use a Porter Cable 7424 as they show in the video ..... that is some of the best money I have ever spent ... great machine and makes the job so much faster. it really works just like you see in the video ...

hope you check it out ...

:cheers: