Window Trim Detailing Question

HRP

On my LS430, at the inside top of all 4 side windows is a black 1 1/2" composite seal (for lack of a better term) which helps keep the windows sealed when they are raised. Each time I detail this area, this "seal" is somewhat rough rather than smooth as it is after I've "dressed" it. I suspect this could become a source of wind noise in the future. How do any of y'all clean and/or dress or treat this area?? I've posted this on both the Club Lexus and Autopia forums and will post replies if any.

Thanks

On my LS430, at the inside top of all 4 side windows is a black 1 1/2" composite seal (for lack of a better term) which helps keep the windows sealed when they are raised. Each time I detail this area, this "seal" is somewhat rough rather than smooth as it is after I've "dressed" it. I suspect this could become a source of wind noise in the future. How do any of y'all clean and/or dress or treat this area?? I've posted this on both the Club Lexus and Autopia forums and will post replies if any.

Thanks

I am pleased to see this question asked. I don't have an answer to your question, but I experience some wind noise from the right front window that is solved by lowering and then raising the window again I never thought of checking the "seal" that you describe. What exactly do you do to clean and dress the area?

Thanks

I am pleased to see this question asked. I don't have an answer to your question, but I experience some wind noise from the right front window that is solved by lowering and then raising the window again I never thought of checking the "seal" that you describe. What exactly do you do to clean and dress the area?

I use Zaino's Z-16 (their rubber and vinyl dressing) and rub like hell until it is smooth. I'd hoped someone would come up with a better solution. I did my dressing on the car about 3 weeks ago and left it smooth, but it is already somewhat rough. Before I did it again, I thought I'd ask if there were another way to solve this problem. I have posted this question on CClub Lexus and Autopia. I'll copy the solution, if there is one on this forum also.

FYI, when I dropped my LS430 off today for the 85k servicing and warranty work, I asked the service manager what he recommended for the problem mentioned above. He suggested cleaning that strip with a good cleaner and then spraying it with silicone lubricant. I have not tried it yet, but will when I get it back in a day or two and let you know.