For Anyone With Es330

I guess you would use an oil filter wrench of the appropriate size and type. Oil filters are easy to remove if you have the right tools -- might require a trip to an auto parts or discount store to buy one. I've accumulated four oil filter wrenches of various sizes and types over the years.

first take a 20oz plastic soda bottle and cut off the top 1/4 of it.

fit this bottle down under the drain spout to catch the 3/4 of a cup of oil that exits the inversely tipped oil filter when you loosen it. (would like to smack the engineer that designed this one)

I used to wear a long sleeved shirt, use a pair of mechanics gloves and a old t-shirt to put under the filter when removed.

When the manifold cools off, loosen the filter. A cap style filter removal tool is best. The expandable/colapsable wrenches don't have enough room to swing around under there. Once the filter is loosened, the remove the wrench and just unthread it by hand. Hesitate for a minute to let the oil drain out. Once drained, remove the soda bottle bottom carefully keeping it upright. You can easily guide it up and out without spilling. Now stuff the old rag down under. Unspin the fitler and then let it pivot in between two fingers so that the bottom is now down and the opening is sticking straight up. I got very good at that. You can guide the filter up and out without dripping any more oil. Use the rag to clean up any drips or puddles, and wipe off where the filter attaches. You should be good to go from there on in.

steviej

first take a 20oz plastic soda bottle and cut off the top 1/4 of it.

fit this bottle down under the drain spout to catch the 3/4 of a cup of oil that exits the inversely tipped oil filter when you loosen it. (would like to smack the engineer that designed this one)

I used to wear a long sleeved shirt, use a pair of mechanics gloves and a old t-shirt to put under the filter when removed.

When the manifold cools off, loosen the filter. A cap style filter removal tool is best. The expandable/colapsable wrenches don't have enough room to swing around under there. Once the filter is loosened, the remove the wrench and just unthread it by hand. Hesitate for a minute to let the oil drain out. Once drained, remove the soda bottle bottom carefully keeping it upright. You can easily guide it up and out without spilling. Now stuff the old rag down under. Unspin the fitler and then let it pivot in between two fingers so that the bottom is now down and the opening is sticking straight up. I got very good at that. You can guide the filter up and out without dripping any more oil. Use the rag to clean up any drips or puddles, and wipe off where the filter attaches. You should be good to go from there on in.

steviej

thanks! that should get it done... I still can't beleive where the filter is though... .. one step forward two steps back. . . .. I was trying with the expandable / collapsable wrench, I'll pick up a cap style .. ..

those oil filter wrench caps are difficult to use in this case because you got a manifold right above the filter. use 1 of those metal collapseable wrench is fine. you just have to put the wrench over the filter and the hand through the right hand side of the manifold. 1 hand hold the wrench in place and the other turn--pull the wrench up a little. do it a few times and filter is loose.

good thing i only do it once a year since i use amsoil that requires oil change once a year or 25k miles. the ICV is very clean after i started using amsoil. checked the ICV after using amsoil for 50K miles and the vavle is still very clean -- no cleaning needed.