Sc400 Performance

BlackSC4

okay, i have read many sources telling me that my 1992 sc400 finishes the quarter mile in either 15.1 or 15.3 seconds... and the IS300 in 15.3. i somehow highly doubt that, because i know i can smoke the **** out of an IS. i've driven them before and by far is it anywhere as fast as my v8. i have also read about other cars doing quarter miles around the sc400's recorded time such as the integ Type-R...and i have swallowed a few of those alive. here's the question, does anyone know if the sc400 is faster than what is being reported? or maybe is mine a better built one compared to the ones tested? i've heard that many stock Supra TT dynos at 650HP because it is soooo well built by toyota. either way, i shall dyno my vehicle once smog comes around again since its California's regulation now.

the stock twin-turbo supra produces 320 hp with 315 pounds feet of torque. 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. 1/4 mile- 13.3.

the 92 sc400 has 250 hp with 260 pounds feet of torque. 1/4 mile-15.3. top speed- 150 mph. 0-60 in 6.9 seconds.

the acura integra type r has 195 hp with 130 pounds feet of torque. 1/4 mile- 14.9. 0-60 in 6.6 seconds.

the lexus is 300 has 215 hp with 218 pounds feet of torque. 0-60 in 6.8 seconds. top speed- 144 mph. 1/4 mile- 15.1.

that damn neon srt-4 has 230 hp with 250 pounds feet of torque. 1/4 mile in 14.2. 0-60 in 5.8 seconds. can you believe that. a fast neon.:wacko:

i've raced quite a few cars and i lost three times and they were to a corvette, new body m3, and a clk430. i've raced a wrx, gs 400, benz e class sport, camaro, g35 coupe, a 350z but the guy didn't know how to drive so i shouldn't count that. but a win is a win so i'll count that .;) 328 is, 328ci, etc and i've beat them all. B)

anybody else want to reply?:cheers:

<_< Feel like meeting me at Summit or Lime Rock? :rolleyes::lol:

By the way, that SRT-4 has a Turbo under that hood. Man, Chrysler paid really close attention to the Tuner Market. Yes, it got to me too, but now that things growing on me. Girlfriend's sister bought one, so I had a chance to test it. Wow!

oh i know it has a turbo. i want to test it out. BUT a fast NEON... :wacko: i haven't done any mods on my sc400. im thinking either on getting rid of it to upgrade to a 98 sc400. but if i choose to keep it im gonna definetly hook it up. first want to see if i can get a 98. but i might be flipped on my 94. :(

oh i know it has a turbo. i want to test it out. BUT a fast NEON...:wacko: i haven't done any mods on my sc400. im thinking either on getting rid of it to upgrade to a 98 sc400. but if i choose to keep it im gonna definetly hook it up. first want to see if i can get a 98. but i might be flipped on my 94. :(

That's okay, I haven't mod'd mine either. The 98's are really nice. I love the fact they already have a bodykit attached. VVTi is nice to have as well.

Yeah, the Neon made me :wacko: but since I have friends with Trick'd out Cavallier and Fukus, that made me say, hmmm :unsure:

sooo....guess no one knows if the SC4 is stronger than what is being reported??? and i would like to have continuous VVT-i such !Removed! the 98+, is it possible to convert? must be the ecu thing right? does buying one from lexuspros.com gunna do the job? $850 is a lot of money for a chip.

sooo....guess no one knows if the SC4 is stronger than what is being reported??? and i would like to have continuous VVT-i such !Removed! the 98+, is it possible to convert? must be the ecu thing right? does buying one from lexuspros.com gunna do the job? $850 is a lot of money for a chip.

No it is more than just a chip.

Go read reviews of the 98 where they explain the changes made to pick up 30HP over the 97.

But it was a nice try!! :D