Has Anyone Tried The Tornado?

Mister Jed

:blink: Has anyone tried the "As seen on TV" Tornado? It's a metal turbine or fan blade that you install into your intake to create a tornado effect for more efficient air flow. You're suppose to get better gas milage and possibly a little more horse power. I think they're like 60 bucks.

If anyone has ever tried one of these or knew anyone who tried one, please let me know.

Thanks.

You don't need to try something stupid to know that it's stupid.

I do think it might work in some cars but because our MAF actually reduces air turbulence, there is absolutely no point.

As for air restriction, anything you put inside the intake will reduce airflow by some percentage.

it's a gimmic, like many of those "As seen on TV" items.

A local auto mechanic in my area that has a syndicated talk show did an evaluation and he stated the only possible way to achieve any kind of enhancement from the Tornado is if the throttle was kept wide open at all times. (No possible way to do this in normal driving.) Other than that, the device will create more of an obstruction.

steviej

:blushing: I appreciate everyone's input thus far, however, I would still like to know if there is anyone out there who has personally tried this item on any vehicle. I understand each of the stated opinions so far, but I've heard the oposite opinions from others as well that the theory behind the Tornado makes sense (not to say one or the other opinion is right.) I know that this item has a 30 day like it or return it money back guarantee, and I would try it myself, but the closest "As seen on TV" store is an hour and a half away from me. Normally I would'nt care so much about an item such as this, but if it could actually do what it boasts and increase your gas milage, in short order it could pay for itself, not to mention any additional horse power (that is of course if it actually works.)

Jed

Mister Jed,

Yes I installed a Tornado in my 93LS back in June 03. My daily commute

to work gas mileage increased from 17.5 to 20.5 which surprised me very

much. It has now dropped down to 19.5 which is still better than the original.

I do not notice any difference in horsepower but then I rarely put the pedal

to the metal. It just seemed like it would be worth trying and had a 30 day

money back guarantee so if it didn't work I would have returned it.

Don M.

:D :D

• 2 years later...

try getting a new intake system like the SRT one on LEXTACY.COM it will increase your gas milage and give you 40+ horsepower too with a good boost in torque as well

40 + hp ? Never, More like 4-8hp if that. It is not the intake that srt makes that increases hp it is the piggyback add on to the ecu. The srt intake itself is a downgrade , Stock intake with the piggyback is just as good.

• 1 month later...

:blushing: I appreciate everyone's input thus far, however, I would still like to know if there is anyone out there who has personally tried this item on any vehicle. I understand each of the stated opinions so far, but I've heard the oposite opinions from others as well that the theory behind the Tornado makes sense (not to say one or the other opinion is right.) I know that this item has a 30 day like it or return it money back guarantee, and I would try it myself, but the closest "As seen on TV" store is an hour and a half away from me. Normally I would'nt care so much about an item such as this, but if it could actually do what it boasts and increase your gas milage, in short order it could pay for itself, not to mention any additional horse power (that is of course if it actually works.)

Jed

It is junk. Car and Driver tested it on a BMW awhile back and it did, nothing. Waste of money.