Two Wires Coming Out Of Rear View Mirror?

K9crew

When I bought my '95 SC400 in New York last April I knew that the windshield had been replaced and it looks like the original rear view mirror was reattached but someone cut the two wires coming out of the mirror (I'm guessing that the installers did that). There's no control on the rearview mirror to turn on/off an auto-dimming feature (LS has that) so what are those wires for? Also, the mirror is "loose" at its mounting point. There's a torx head bolt holding the body onto a mounting plate and there's way too much play there .... any ideas as to what's going on? Anyone else with a loose/floppy rear view mirror? Would a photo be helpful?

Thanks

:)

sightdev,

THANKS ... is the mirror automatic dimming since I don't have an on/off switch that I know of.

YOU'RE TELLING ME THE RIMS ARE FROM A '92~'94 ..... YIKES!!! That's all the exuse I need to buy new rims for the car ... my wife's not going to like hearing that she's driving a '95 with older rims. What I'll probably do is put the rims from my LS on the SC and buy new rims for the LS. :D

Thanks

:)