Best Replacement Headlights

Wubbman

I just got some Silverstars a few weeks ago. I love them, and you can't beat them for their low price. They look awesome...a kind of hid-ish shade of light B) , but it is not over done like some wannabe's that you see on ricer Civics (which looks like a blub they spray paint blue/purple to me). Installation takes all of 5minutes too! They put out a very clear and bright light(....for $40). I highly recommend.

:cheers:

Syl. Silverstars are a good pop for the buck (~$20-25 each). There is an auto store around Boston that if you carry their "power card", then the silverstars are replaced with no questions should they ever burn out.

Another comprable bulb is the PIAA Xtreme White. A little higher in price (~$75/pr).

steviej

I say Silverstars all the way; I have em in the low beams and APC high beams. The APC's are brighter I think, but they do have that "ricer blue" look to em. I just haven't gotten around to buyin the Silverstar highs yet. (waitin for em to go on sale, as they do every once in a while around here) B)

I know that they will be replaced if they burn out within a year because they have a 1 year waranty, but do you mean to say that even after a year is over that shop will replace them if you have their "power card" ??

that is what the store tells me. For the life of the bulb, they will replace it as long as you bought it at their store (any branch) and you are a "power card" holder.

The power card is like the CVS Extra Care cards, that type of card, not a credit card.

steviej

heh i have sylvania highs, but for my lows, i went for somethin a bit out of the box. i went and got MTEC japanese bulbs. they're actually very nice. they burn at 4350 temp, but i'm not sure about lumen rating. they are quite bright though. my brother is changing from superstars to MTECs on his accord because he found mine so much brighter than his bulbs were and a lot easier on the eye while driving.

the MTEC's were only $25 shipped from ebay /pr. i need to go find the high beams though. the sylvanias are too weak. but they are enough to light up my entire alley, so i'm pretty good with them. i have MTEC's in the fogs too. they're brighter than ever, but still yellow due to the lens lol.

kev

here's a set of the MTEC 2x bulbs.

MTEC 2X

they are 55w --> 100w bulbs. i've had mine on for practically a year. no problems at all. they're clear like no other and if i had a digital camera i'd take a pic of them in the alleyway, but uhh heh i need a digital camera first :)

kev