Clutch Pedal Height

krazman

I just picked up my IS300 5-speed (a brand new '03 leftover) and after driving it a while I find the clutch pedal seems to be too high for comfortable shifting. My heel needs to slide on the floor too much. In fact the clutch pedal sits a bit higher than the brake pedal. Is there an adjustment or adapter that would move it down a couple of inches and still allow any necessary disengagement of the clutch (a sort-of "short-shift" clutch pedal mod)? If there is a product made, please share the link or details. This is my only peeve so far. All help welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

The salesman actually said the same thing, but what I am experiencing is something that looks like a design issue. I realize I don't have to depress the clutch all the way to disengage but the starting height is still too high. I am adjusting to it, but there must be a short clutch device like a short shifter. Does anyone know if this is already available or needs to be custom made.