Vsc Trouble

hello everyone! my 1st post and i must say this site is is #1. ok, this is my question. after being hit in the rear my vsc light comes. during normal driving if i stop after the vsc comes on shortly after that the next time i stop its as if transmission disengages and i am stuck. my fix: shift to park, turn car off then shift into drive then i can proceed. while i am unable to move. if i press on the gas pedel no reaction from the engine until i put shifter into park and restart the engine. can anybody help?

Try this; start the car, turn off the VCS and Traction control by pressing the button on th center console. The "VSC Off" light should illuminate on the dash. This should effectively turn off the VSC and traction control (it it most likely the traction control system acting on the rear wheels that is causing this problem) and allow you to drive normally.

The reason there is no reaction from the accelerator is that the VSC system controls the throttle when it thinks you have a problem slipping or low traction.

You said that your car was hit in the rear? Can you post a picture and/or describe the accident and severity? Most likely, there is a problem with the ABS wheel sensor(s)/circuit and it is causing the computer to think the rear wheels are in a state of being locked or continuously slipping. In either case, the car will not move.

Is your ABS light also on?

Is is also entirely possible the one of the several wiring harnesses located in the rear of the trunk area have been severed or damaged in such a way as to interfere with the VSC and traction control systems. Less likely, there may be damage to the braking system or hydraulic lines going to the rear brakes.

In any case, you should go immediately to you dealer and have the system checked. Please post your findings as I'd like to hear what your problem actually turned out to be.

• 2 weeks later...

In any case, you should go immediately to you dealer and have the system checked. Please post your findings as I'd like to hear what your problem actually turned out to be.

True indeed.. Check it out and hopefully Lexus covers it for you so that you don't have to come out of pocket for this.. Good luck and keep us posted..

One more thing, Welcome to the CLub..... ;)