Lcd Temperature Display 1991 Ls400

nicemice

Hey There,

I've been reading some posts from 2003 on this topic about getting a new lcd display. I'm wondering if anyone has any input to my problem

Bought a used 91 for a good price. Unfortunately the air wasn't working. Took it to my repair guy. He messed around with it, put a new condenser in it. Still couldn't get it to work. Says its holding with no leaks but it won't blow cold. he thinks it has something to do with the control module which is blacked out.

Has anyone run across this issue. I fear replacing just the lcd screen rebuild won't do it.

Any one have any suggestions?

appreciate it.

Hey There,

I've been reading some posts from 2003 on this topic about getting a new lcd display. I'm wondering if anyone has any input to my problem

Bought a used 91 for a good price. Unfortunately the air wasn't working. Took it to my repair guy. He messed around with it, put a new condenser in it. Still couldn't get it to work. Says its holding with no leaks but it won't blow cold. he thinks it has something to do with the control module which is blacked out.

Has anyone run across this issue. I fear replacing just the lcd screen rebuild won't do it.

Any one have any suggestions?

appreciate it.

No, the dark LCD is just an indicator. You can get the LCD for about 150 on Ebay. You have to solder it in.

NO!

The LCD screen has nothing to do with the air being hot.. unless the temp isn't turned up! :D

Read through the sticky. You'll know everything about the LCDs

I would convert it to R134a, or has it already? The 1991 still used R12. My 1991 has been converted to R134a and the A/C works perfectly.

Ditto what everyone else says... The LCD has nothing to do with it. **It may sound crazy and sound obvious, but since its blacked out and you cannot see the temperature setting, make sure you press the "temp" button down and listen for the beep and hold it down until the beeping stops. Its possible its not set on the coldest setting. You probably already know this and have did that, but I was wanting to make sure. :)