Bluetooth Receiver And Mic

Ok,

My Palm 700wx was crappy with my IS350. I recently upgraded to a Blackberry Storm. The Bluetooth is 100x better (automatically connects, send contacts effortlessly) BUT

when talking sometimes the person on the other end says the connection is 5x5 (loud and clear) but other times they say it is choppy with words dropped.

I can't seem to figure out why but I was wondering where exactly is the BT receiver? Maybe I can put the phone up to it and see it improves the connection. Second where is the microphone? Maybe I can talk towards it...

thanks

Thanks for replies everyone! I will try and turn up the mic sensitivity and report back.

BTW, my wife describes it as an obnoxious static'y sound that sounds over my voice when speaking. But only intermittently. hmm...

• 2 weeks later...

I turned up the send and people say it is better but now they have a weird feedback noise. Sounds good on my end.

I complained to my dealer and one of the guys that has a BB Storm made some changes on my phone and told me to let him know if it didn't work.

Looks like he turned off the "encrypt channel" option...

Will let you guys know if it worked (gotta call somebody while driving). :)

Lately my phone hasn't been automatically sync'ing upon starting the car. I keep on having to manually connect the bluetooth capability. Not sure if the problem is with my phone settings or the car settings, how to determine?

Manually from where--phone or car? I would think that would provide the answer. If you get a message "Bluetooth not Connected" a few seconds after start up, the car is searching for your phone automatically, but the phone won't let it pair.

Once in a while, my BlackBerry doesn't pair, and I just need to hit the BT icon on my BlackBerry, it searches for BT devices, and then it pairs. I've never had to change the settings in the car.

Must be my phone, it says "bluetooth temporarily turned off" when I attempt to pair. Which Blackberry do you have, going to be upgrading my phone this summer, want to make sure I get something that sync's nicely

I have a Pearl, but I'm sure all BlackBerries perform just the same.

I've found the phone seems to be the difference. I've had 4 different cell phones during the time I've owned this car. The Katana phone was the best! If my car was in the garage and my cell phone was in my bedroom, and I started the car it would pair up! Then I had the HTC Touch. That phone sucked! I couldn't even have the phone in my pocket in the car! It would pair, but the sound was awful and it would sometimes loose the pairing in mid conversation. Then I had the new HTC and that was even worse. So I traded that phone in for the Rant. This phone seems to work just fine. Although the phone itself isn't the greatest. I'll just have to wait until they come out with a phone I like again. I should have never gotten rid of the Katana phone. Sometimes you don't know how good you have it until you don't have it anymore.

Must be my phone, it says "bluetooth temporarily turned off" when I attempt to pair. Which Blackberry do you have, going to be upgrading my phone this summer, want to make sure I get something that sync's nicely

Wife and I both have a Storm. The auto-synch works great!

I have a LG Dare. Works perfectly. I can even wash my car outside in the driveway and leave my phone in the house and it STILL will connect to my phone and I can recieve and dial out calls.

LG's seem to work really well with the car. My wife had an ENV prior that worked great.

I've found the phone seems to be the difference. I've had 4 different cell phones during the time I've owned this car. The Katana phone was the best! If my car was in the garage and my cell phone was in my bedroom, and I started the car it would pair up! Then I had the HTC Touch. That phone sucked! I couldn't even have the phone in my pocket in the car! It would pair, but the sound was awful and it would sometimes loose the pairing in mid conversation. Then I had the new HTC and that was even worse. So I traded that phone in for the Rant. This phone seems to work just fine. Although the phone itself isn't the greatest. I'll just have to wait until they come out with a phone I like again. I should have never gotten rid of the Katana phone. Sometimes you don't know how good you have it until you don't have it anymore.

I think you are right. There is a big Storm update that is supposed to be any time now. Hopefully the BT is one of the things upgraded. Oh well, at least it is better than my Palm and I can still play with the gain and quality settings.