Determining Trim Level On A 430

Mrgimme

There are 5 grades of trim but how do you tell if it has PCS (Pre-collision System)?

What would an 2004 430 cost with EVERYTHING in 2004?

How come as I shop for a 2004 or newer I see that only Miles and Age matter and the trim level (which could of bumped up the base 10 - 15 grand) is not even really figured into the price?

Thanks in advance guys!

:geek: <_< :unsure:

Trim levels in general don't factor into the resale price nearly as much as they did when they were new, thats true on all cars. The only big difference I see when shopping is a big decrease in price if the car does not have nav. Basically Lexus sold a few levels depending on the year:

1. Base with no nav, this car is easy to spot because it has no nav.

2. Nav/Mark Levinson (in 05 this became the "modern luxury" package). This car has nav, ML, the smart key.

3. Custom Luxury, this car has special interior wood trim and leather on the dashboard and door panels as well as the suede headliner. This car is easy to spot because it has that trim difference but no rear seat controls on the armrest, no air suspension, and no laser/radar cruise control. This car is pretty rare, more common in '05 and '06.

4. Ultra Luxury, this car is just like the Custom Luxury but it has power/massaging rear seats, rear audio and climate control on the pull down armrest, air suspension radar/laser cruise ('04, half of '05 have laser cruise, half of '05 and '06 have the new radar cruise and PCS. If it has laser cruise it has no PCS, you can see the radar in the front grille where there is a large glossy square around the Lexus symbol.

A fully loaded UL car was $70,000-$72,000 in 04, 05 & 06. The nav/lev custom luxury car was about $64k.

Hope that helps!

-Steve

Thanks Steve! You CRUSHED my confusion with that detailed reply.

So its impossible to have PCS in a 2004 that has Laser Cruise?

Another easy spot on the highest trim level would be the Window Shades.

I think the reason I was confused was because of this website:

http://www.cars.com/go/crp/research.jsp?se...mp;aff=national

It makes it seem PCS was available in 2004 when this web info was probably just duped from the 2005 Model specs.

Thoughts?

Trim levels in general don't factor into the resale price nearly as much as they did when they were new, thats true on all cars. The only big difference I see when shopping is a big decrease in price if the car does not have nav. Basically Lexus sold a few levels depending on the year:

1. Base with no nav, this car is easy to spot because it has no nav.

2. Nav/Mark Levinson (in 05 this became the "modern luxury" package). This car has nav, ML, the smart key.

3. Custom Luxury, this car has special interior wood trim and leather on the dashboard and door panels as well as the suede headliner. This car is easy to spot because it has that trim difference but no rear seat controls on the armrest, no air suspension, and no laser/radar cruise control. This car is pretty rare, more common in '05 and '06.

4. Ultra Luxury, this car is just like the Custom Luxury but it has power/massaging rear seats, rear audio and climate control on the pull down armrest, air suspension radar/laser cruise ('04, half of '05 have laser cruise, half of '05 and '06 have the new radar cruise and PCS. If it has laser cruise it has no PCS, you can see the radar in the front grille where there is a large glossy square around the Lexus symbol.

A fully loaded UL car was $70,000-$72,000 in 04, 05 & 06. The nav/lev custom luxury car was about $64k.

Hope that helps!

-Steve