Watching Movies On The Nav Screen?

GT3

Do you have the Mark Levison system? Does the ML system in the 06 GX plays DVD disc?

Yes I have the ML system. The disc changer only plays CD's as far as I can tell. My Nav screen does not show an option for video either. I put a DVD in the changer, but it could not read it. Am I missing something?

I think you have to put the car in park and apply the parking brake before you can watch a movie on the nav screen.

Is this also true for vehicles with the second row screen? Isn't there a way to over-ride this as well?

I think you have to put the car in park and apply the parking brake before you can watch a movie on the nav screen.

That's right. this may be a dumb question, but do I insert the movie DVD in the Nav unit under the seat (and not the CD ChangeR)? I haven't tried yet only because I don;'to mess anything up and I'm a rookie when it comes to in-car entertainment systems

Whatever you do, do not inset any DVD into the nav unit other than the nav DVD itself. Sometime if it is the wrong DVD, it will not eject and it will cost you hundreds of dollars to get the disc out. The DVD movie disc goes into the 6 CD changer if you have the Mark Levison system, if you dont, you are out of luck.

U have the option, but before that you have do a mod on the Nav Unit by providing a Overide Switch, which will then accept DVDs and can be watched on the move. The job take 1 hour as you have to remove the trims and the NAV unit completely and have to splice the harness wire and provide a switch to overide the function and accept the DVD. and you need to purchase ultimate lockpick for having the harness split and function over-ride done. If you want to do it yourself, You need to purchase the instruction from toyota techinfo for instruction how to dis-assemble the dashboard and trims and re-assemble them, as the trims are pretty expensive.

If you need them I can email it to you free...just drop you email address to me on mann68@gmail.com. I will have it emailed. You can save 1200/-$ for this job