Soiled Engine.... Gen 1 Ls400

My '91 LS has a very soiled engine bay. Its mostly years of dust/dirt. I really dont want to do it myself, but my uncle knows a guy that completely details cars. My grandpa has a 1993 Mercury Tracer LS wagon that was really dirty. When that man finished detailing it, it literally looked like brand new, even in the engine bay. I was amazed and would love to have my engine this nice and clean. I am not sure how knowledgable he is on cleaning these engines... maybe he just sprays cleaner and blasts away with a pressure washer, but I dont want anything damaged on my car.

Does anyone advise against cleaning the engine (with cleaner/water) on a LS400? I have cleaned engines on some of my cars in the past, but they were 80s Hondas/Toyotas and I often ended up with a temporarily misfiring engine and/or check engine warning lights until the engine completely dried and wondering if letting this guy detail my LS's engine would be a no-no? Any particular areas on the engine that should be kept dry on these cars?

Thanks in advance.

Here was my engine a couple of years ago... it still looks just like this... (I want the white to be really white again! :))

91ls400engine.jpg